Just Cause 2 - Massive Multiplayer Mod

stument

Distinguished Member
Hey before i get shouted at and put in the naughty corner i did search and try to post in the JC2 thread

But due to it being 600+ Days old i cant :(

Just wanted to share this with the People:

Just Cause 2 Mod is Redefining the Term "Massively Multiplayer"

Rather than only letting 4-8 people onto the game's enormous map at a time, the Just Cause 2 Multiplayer team have figured out a way to let hundreds over one thousand people on the same map. A map that's full of vehicles, weapons, grappling hooks and a comical physics system
I will be trying this some time this week! It looks great and i have always wondered how JC2 would be as a multiplayer :thumbsup:

Last edited:

stument

Distinguished Member

Cha1ky

Here you go mate,

not many people realise the check box is there (under the old thread writing) so easily done.

Attachments

stument

Distinguished Member
chalkywhyte said:
Here you go mate,

not many people realise the check box is there (under the old thread writing) so easily done.
My bad completely missed it haha total noob!

Sebastalona

stument

Distinguished Member
woop cant wait :D:D

Sebastalona

Who needs GTA!

GMC79

Distinguished Member
Grabbed, could be awesome. It's a pretty game aswell. :thumbsup:

Downloading, could be good fun. Never completed the game as used to end up messing about.

Just been on a server with 800 other people :D

stument

Distinguished Member
How is it?!?!?!?!

How is it?!?!?!?!
Tbh I only had a quick blast but looks like it could be fun. Bit like DayZ from what I can tell, no squads etc... You just start in game and off you go.

You would have to meet up with fellow gamers at a location.

stument

Distinguished Member
going to try it later!

Nivek TT

Distinguished Member
Really interested in this, might try and get involved tonight. So whats the point? Is it just cruising round causing chaos or is there an actual objective in there somewhere?

Really interested in this, might try and get involved tonight. So whats the point? Is it just cruising round causing chaos or is there an actual objective in there somewhere?
From what I can tell just cruising around causing chaos.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
I've got JC2 but never actually played it yet. This sounds like it could potentially be brilliant, or go completely the other way and become a farce with loads of [email protected] messing about constantly.

Also intrigued to know if there's any purpose or objectives along the way or is it effectively just an open playground... I'm guessing the latter.

My first join of multiplayer nearly had one of those gaming moments.

You spawn in the air with your parachute, below me was a heli firing away at someone swimming to a boat. My plan was to get close enough to the heli to use my hook thing to connect to it and kill the pilot.

Sadly I just missed it but it would have been great, I did steal the boat and ride off into the sun set.

Cha1ky

Is there modes in it or is it just a free for all of do whatever you want? Could see it getting a bit boring if there's nothing to actually do.