1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just brought toshiba 36zp48p from argos DUMB MOVE!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by gunsnroses76, Aug 9, 2005.

1. gunsnroses76

gunsnroses76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well it turned up and the box the delivery men were carrying was [swear word removed] monster massive, which i dident have a prob with, lol it was funny one guy look like the worlds strongest man, he was huffing and puffing and the other guy or skinny kid that was carrying the other end never puffed once, they get in the door and i say can you get it up the stairs, the big guy who was stilll huffing puffing said, "no way is going up there" lol i thought as i could see from the way the big man was huffing puffing i knew this box was [swear word removed] heavy, anyway me and my bro cant get the [swear word removed] thing upstairs we never even attempted it, so we open the box instead to try to just put it on a desk we had in the same room that the tv was delivered in but we both put are hand in the box to try and lift the tv out but theres nothink to grip hold of, you can only grip the back of the tv but not the front as the polystering is in the way, so theres no way in this world we gonna get the tv out of the box, due to the fact the tv is fking heavy and on top of that theres no grip provided to take the tv out of the box and any attempt would risk damaging the tv. so its got to go back, also i do think the tv is a top notch tv but the weight of the tv is just stupid, it shouldent even be avalible to buy in argos as no averge family weill be able to lift the tv out of the box, you would have likwe 2 worlds strongest men to take it out of the box without damaging it, i feel sorry for anyone who has brought this tv because they are lumbered with one mutha big lump of a tv, and if you was moving house at some time, this will give you a lot of stress, thinking how the [swear word removed] am i gonna move this [swear word removed] tv lol, i dont want that kind of stress, let someone else have it, i advice anyone thinking of buying this tv dont bother, go for the 32inch version instead, well i hope this has helped someones desision if there was anyone out there thinking about buying this size tv.

Read the forum rules on use of swearing-forum moderator

2. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Using the instructions on the box of the Panny I've just bought .... which rather sensibly has side handles moulded into the back casing :) , to remove safely.... turn the box on it's side (preferably upside down!) open the underside of the carton. Carefully erect back to top with underside flaps open and then undo top. Lift BOX upwards and hey presto.... a TV out of a box. :thumbsup:

3. gunsnroses76

gunsnroses76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah thats how i got it out of box in the end but still has to go back as argos delivery dident take it up the stairs as i wanted ive carried a 32inch version of this tv upstairs by myself tho but this one is much more akward as the stairs width is less than the width of the tv, only way would be to carry it long ways, but its very awkward for the person whos got to walk backwards up the stairs with it. i was wondering if it would be easier to carry up stairs while its still in its box or out of its box, you get better grip on the box handles in my opion its still to very akward to get upstairs for the person who has to walk backards up the stairs than it is for the person walking forwards with it up the stairs.

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    reading this post i can't help but think that in some way your a bit mad. "it shouldent even be avalible to buy in argos as no averge family weill be able to lift the tv out of the box, you would have likwe 2 worlds strongest men to take it out of the box without damaging it" The Tv weighs 75kg, what were you expecting, to lift it out with one hand like a 14" portable, and unless 'the average family' are built like the guy on the Mr Muscle advert they will be fine. I had to help a mate of mine lift his out of the box, yeah it was heavy but not overly so(i'm 5'6 and 9stone btw) so whats up with you and your brother i've no idea. And as for argos not selling it :lesson: what are you on about???!!!! are you going to write to their buying department asking them to stop selling all item that weigh over 70kgs or something?, get real.

"i feel sorry for anyone who has brought this tv because they are lumbered with one mutha big lump of a tv" well unless, like you, they buy stuff from the 'laminated book of dreams' 95% of people who own the Tv will of actually seen it before they bought it so they know whether or not it will fit in their room etc

But the most puzzling thing is why didn't you just pay the extra delivery charge and get it installed, could of saved yourself lots of hassle, but if you want to continue deluding yourself that having a smaller screen is better carry on

5. unkle faz

unkle faz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    ^^^^^^^^

poooney helped me with my tv, and as he states his 9st, i'm a little more cuddily being 15st, even the slightest bit of physical exercise gets me sweating, however, we both managed it fine! yes it is a pain in the ass, how do you think i felt when the tv was moved into position it didn't turn on?? thats right i had to move it again!

how heavy is the 32"?? it can't be that much lighter? probably just as much a pain in the ass to move like the 36".

but, go ahead and have the 32", six months down the line i bet you'd regret the decision that you downsized!

6. gunsnroses76

gunsnroses76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

you cant lift it out of its box as there is no grip on the front as the polostering underneath is in the way, so u would have to be like the worlds like strongest man to lift it out of the box as you would only have grip on the back of tv and none on the front, having said all that you arent supposed to lift it out of the box anyway, i followed the intructions that peeps gave on here, ie mad andy, just turrn box upside down , open flaps, then turn back upgright, then lift box off, have no probs lifting tv now, only lifting up stairs is too akward as walking up backards is too difficult due to steep stairs. yes i was wrong in what i said about, argos shouldent sell it but if your expected to lift it out of box then its aint possible, u have to follow the proper intructions, im not saying me and my bro cant lift anythoink, i mean im only 8half stone 5.6 and carried the 32inch version of this tv upstairs by myself, 36inch tv is too akward tho as its too wide/long.

7. angelislington

angelislington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    I've got a Polo and I've never had any problem with the steering. In fact, I think it handles quite well :rotfl:

8. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,910
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

9. beasty54

beasty54

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +489
    Dunno why you found it so hard m8 as i brought the 36" Tosh and managed to get it out the box on my own.....even managed to lift it onto the stand myself. I admit it weighs about 90kilos so its pretty heavy but if i can manage it on my own then i'm sure 2 average sized blokes can manage

10. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Try lifting a Sony HQ100 if you want heavy!! Sony's are always heavy due to the Trinitron tube,100KG's for the TV and 25KG's for the stand. Two average Joes can lift a 36" TV,stairs may be an issue though!!(awkward,not weight)

11. sparticus

sparticus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Had a good laugh reading this lot. I managed to get this set in the back of a bmw with help of salesman. Got it out of car with my girlfriend and phoned a mate to help turn box over to remove it. Its a bit of a sqeeze getting through doorways without skinning knuckles but its all possible. Im a pilot and the only thing i do thats physical is put my car into gear. My mate is no hercules either but we got it into the house and into place without a hernia. Its mind over matter!

12. Stone Free

Stone Free

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    The one thing I don't get is how on the Sony KV32DX50 TV box it implies that you should not tilt it more than 45 degrees. I heard that this is doing that my induce geometry errors.

It may only have been talking about tilting it on the long axis. I assume the Panny instructions say to turn it over facing the longest side?

13. Poobik The Hare

Poobik The Hare
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if memory serves, i took a sharp knife and cut down each corner, the box folded out and faye presto, hands on tv.

14. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    There of picture diagrams rather than any specific set of instructions. But I guess if you go by the arrows on the box donating which way it should be turned then yes :) Tilting it on it's actual side rather than it's back or front would be a lot more dangerous and harder to do.

Once I managed with help.. to the car and off the car to the lounge I managed to unpack and install on stand all on my tod. Was a right heavy bugger,65Kg (plenty of sweat) and not the worlds fittest or strongest bloke either.

15. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    lol me too

bit of an odd statement seeing as you obviously can :rolleyes:

what has the world come too, you're sending your TV back because you can't get it out of the box :rolleyes: