• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Just brought Sony ss-m33 speakers from the guy in our street, good deal?

alexjholland85

Established Member
Hey, a chap in our street we know well stopped me skateboarding and asked me if I was interested in some speakers, I saw a reasonably large sony box, so offered him cash out of politeness, and gave him £20.

I've got them home and they are unused, look decent enough, the model is "ss-m33", they are both 80W each.

Did I get a good deal? I have a home cinema kit in my bedroom already, and a 2.1 system for my pc, I could get a cheap poweramp off richer sounds and use these for our house at uni..

Or ebay them?

If I do get a richer sounds amp, what should I look for, most cheap amps are way off 80W per channel?

Thanks!

Cable Monkey

Prominent Member
A Canadian vintage hifi site has them listed for $20 so they are not particularly sought after. If they are in good condition then you have done ok but of course it depends on how they sound. I doubt you will get much on e-bay, you could possibly turn a profit but I doubt it.

Dolus

Prominent Member
What happened with the speakers?
campfire GIF

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
8 year old post revived :laugh: At least @edaross isn't on his own as I know I've fetch a couple back to life :rolleyes:

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I see my simple maths is upto its usual standards :rotfl: It's been a long week

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom