just brought a ps4 and i am underwhelmed

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by teljess, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teljess

teljess

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +709
    now i am not trying to start a argument just letting you all know my opinion,i am very lucky to have the x1 and after reading all the resolution/ui and how crap the x1 is arguments i was in the position to get the ps4 as well

so i jumped in and to be honest i am not struck on the ps4 the ui seems abit sluggish and it dont feel as responsive as the x1,i cant get used to the ds4 pad at the mo, the x1 pad just feels right due to being asymmetrical and the rumble triggers in the x1 pad add alot in my opinion

next i put in killzone shadowfall,i thought that i was going to be blown away by the difference in graphics between the ps4 and x1 due to the resolution and i was wrong whilst this looks good for me ryse looks better

after all the updates the x1 has had i think that i deff prefer the x1 against the ps4 and with titanfall i dont think that the ps4 is going to get swiched on for a while

so the moral of this is dont get sucked into the hype of sites like neogaf and others.the x1 is a damn fine console and for me the best at the mo

2. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
    I have both consoles both do certain things better than the other. I was worried about dead rising frame rate but its not as bad as I thought it would be after reading negative reviews while I am really enjoying forza.
    Ps4 has better
    Load times. forza and dead rising take a while loading next stages etc
    Menus are better laid out. I find I'm having to go to a menu to get into another on Xbox
    Ps4 is faster at booting up, accessing menus and ps+ offers better value

Xbox
    Better exclusive titles at the moment
    Better than ps4 for multimedia device
    Voice recognition is handy at times. I kmow ps4 also has it but its more limited
    Controller is better build

3. raymondo1

raymondo1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I've just bought an Xbox one along side a ps4 I got at launch . Previous happy 360 owner. I would disagree 100% about the speed of the ui - the ps4 is lightning fast to navigate and the install & load times on the ps4 are measurably MUCH quicker (that's fact not opinion). I also find the xbox one ui not very intuitive - a step backwards from 360 I would say
    However - it's all about the games - and I'm happy with both :) so be happy with what you have bought I say :)

4. raymondo1

raymondo1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Tony - I agree with your comments above apart from the media hub - would agree about it being a better multimedia device if they fix the 24hz , sync and other blu ray playback issues.
    There is a good face off on hdtvtest for media functions in both xbox and ps4. Neither fare that well

The ps3 rules in that dept , which is a shame seeing as ms have plugged the one as a media hub . Hopefully patches will address the problems and total lack of media support (for a media hub it doesn't play anything !)

5. LeeDicko

LeeDicko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +471

I find it exactly the opposite! I have both and for stuff like messaging, a message pops up on the Xbox One, you long push the middle button, it takes you straight to the message.

As far as I can tell from the PS4, you get a message, you then have to push the middle button to go to the dash, then scroll to the messaging bit, then select the message.

I could be doing something wrong as I have only had the PS4 for a few days, but it seems a lot more long winded than the Xbox dashboard.

6. teljess

teljess

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +709
    i am not trying to flame the ps4 its just that i got caught up in the hype and brought the ps4 and for me the x1 is a better system

7. LeeDicko

LeeDicko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +471
    For me the dash on the PS4 just seems so lifeless. I must admit though, I have always disliked the UI on the Playstation, even from the PS3 days.

I'm loving my PS4 as much as my Xbox One, but I just prefer the Xbox One dash so so much more.

8. ianeb

ianeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +989
    These consoles are both just mere infants! It will be a while before they become the all singing and dancing media hubs that the 360 and PS3 are.

MS are clearly listening as the March update appears to have fixed many concerns regarding party chat/gaming and the 50hz TV pass through issue.

I'm loving the X1 but have every intention of adding the PS4 to my setup when some exclusive titles I want are released.

Happy gaming peeps!

9. chattoe

chattoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248

I too took the ps4 journey (at the expense of my x1 at the time) I believe it was a journey I needed to take and only took it due to the missing features and the UI of the x1. Which I knew would be fixed eventually but me being impatient and angry at the time that all these features that a console before it had yet the next gen version didn't hastily sold it and bought a ps4.

I agree that the x1 pad is a better and more comfortable pad IMO. The ds4 is good and a massive improvement over the ds3 I'll give it that.

I just couldn't get into killzone, it looked pretty but nothing that made me shout out about it. Can't comment on rise as I haven't played it.

As far as this whole resolution thing goes, unless you have a tv bigger than I think it's 46" you won't notice the difference any way and even then it would be hard to see. So those harping on about the ps4 having better res bla, bla, bla probably don't notice either, it's just another stat they can use in their ps4 v x1 argument.

I was a bit hasty but being a tech head and I do love my gadgets I had to take the ps4 journey, I've had an xbox since 2002 and have just renewed my xbox live for the 10th year. Yes the ps4 has more raw power but didn't the ps3 and let's be honest it's all about the games at the end of the day and for me the x1 has the better at the moment and probably will for a while IMO.

I love halo and gears and with new ip's and games such as Titan fall and quantum break the x1 is the console for me.

Yes the xbox has a few niggles but just look at how quick they are sorting them out. I'm starting to love my x1 and once we get that all important march update and Titan fall is released I'll be one happy xbox gamer again. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Guns_LotsOfGuns

Guns_LotsOfGuns
    Moderator/Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,312
    Wrong section

Thread Status: