Just Brought A Panasonic FZ5 !

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by GateCrasher, Mar 24, 2006.

1. GateCrasher

GateCrasher
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finnally i went ahead and brought a camera instead of keep asking people what one to get lol.

Ordered a Black Panasonic FZ5 from PurelyGadgets.co.uk :D

It came down to the Pana or a Fuji S5600 but the Pana won even though it is slightly more expensive.

I would like to thank Beachy for his advice and replying to me.

Kinda funny that i started off looking at Nikon Coolpix's for £89.99 and come on this forum and end up spending £232 on a Panasonic :eek: lol.:rotfl:

Anyhow i'm gonna stop waffling and let you know how i get on with it. I'm sure i'll have lots of questions i am completely new to all this photography stuff.

:cool: :thumbsup:

2. beachy

beachy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    well done mate from what i've read on here i think you made the right choice with the panny,i also would have went for the black one (to much silver around these days) i'm sure you will have hours of fun and don't forget to start posting some pics. :cool:

3. midtones

midtones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one :)

K.

4. GateCrasher

GateCrasher
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got My FZ5 and Sandisk 512MB Ultra 2 SD Card through today.

My Impressions are its Brilliant :thumbsup: Its Nice to hold and use and feels solid built. And the Black Version i got looks alot better than the Silver Version i saw in Jessops.

Right the only thing is since i am a complete Amateur when it comes to Photography only ever owning simple point and shoot 35mm and 1 2.0mp Kodak, i am baffled by all the settings and Modes.

Iso's ? i hear alot of people talking about them and i think they are something to do with the light ? lol but do i have to change them for indoors/outdoors etc ?.

Camera Modes (Sport/Landscape etc) Am i right in thinking if i choose one of these say i used Sport mode to take a picture of a fast moving animal, the camera automatically sorts out the appropriate shutter speed and iso etc ?.

Plus it does'nt seem to Focus when i zoom out ?.

And is there anyway i can view how much of my sd card i have used up on the camera ?.

1 Final thing heres my first pic and first ever use of a "Macro" Mode.......:rotfl:

[​IMG]