Just Bought Tosh HD E1 Player - Need Surround System - HELP

scaper

Just purchased the Tosh E1 player and now want a decent surround system. I understand the amp will require an HDMI in port with this player. Not much of a budget left now, say £200-300.

Wireless rear speakers would be the icing the cake !!!

Can anyone have a stab at it ??

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Just purchased the Tosh E1 player and now want a decent surround system. I understand the amp will require an HDMI in port with this player. Not much of a budget left now, say £200-300.

Wireless rear speakers would be the icing the cake !!!

Can anyone have a stab at it ??

HDMI in for Dolby HD and wireless speakers, I think you need to do a bit of saving. To get the best out of your new toy you need to looking at a AV amp with HDMI 1.3 see the new Onkyo's, and wireless speakers, forget it, only any good on a £200 - £300 cheap all-in-one.
Cheapest setup I can see is with the Kef1005's http://www.creative-audio.co.uk/hotsystemsAMP_ONK605.htm

spooney

Wireless is quite expensive, if it is quality and not low budget.
You will easily end up in the 2-3 grand range with speakers and the rears only wireless.
I think KEF offers a device for 'small' 600 Euro but I could not figure out how you then would amplify the speakers unless they are active one's.
There are other brands out there. I think Samsung is one with a stand-alone wireless device. Bose would be one, too.

If you really want to go for HDMI 1.3 depends on how long you will keep your AVR and when you will replace your player. No current player offers HD-sound via HDMI and it will not be a firmware upgrade but a new player.
Having the player decode the HD sound and direct input into the AVR works even for the oldest models.

You only need an HDMI-enabled receiver if you want to hear the new audio formats in all their glory; and this would require a bit more spending on the speakers also to make this worthwhile.

If you're happy with audio downsampled to DTS, then an optical connection will be fine; DD+, TruHD etc. will be output as DTS over the optical connection.
You can get receivers under £200 that can handle this well enough.

If you really want to hear TrueHD etc. then you need an HDMI-enabled AV Receiver, but HDMI 1.3 is not needed, all you need is an Amp which accepts PCM over HDMI.

Addition: Forget wireless!

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom