1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just bought Tosh 46WM48

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by garry_williams@, Jan 8, 2005.

1. garry_williams@

garry_williams@
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    First of all - thanks to all who have taken the time to contribute to the forum, it's really helped me as a newb in makin my choice and to understand a great deal about the technology as I was coming from a standing start on all this.

Wanted to share some info regarding the Tosh 46WM48 and model numbers just in case anyone was confused as I was regarding the 'B' and 'P' suffixes for this set. I ordered my set from EmpireDirect and the invoice and shipping info stated the model code as 46WM48B which I understood to be a 100Hz model. However, on the actual set the model code is 46WM48P which I thought was an older 50 Hz model. To confuse further the box stated the model was 46WM48P(B) just to give us a third combination.

Thinking I might have been sold a pup I called the Tosh tech helpline and they explained immediately that there is only one model of this TV - the 'P' model and it is a 100Hz set. the 'B' is added to packaging etc in the Uk to denote British localisation / standards etc.

Hope this helps anyone else who may have been led to believe there are multiple flavours of this telly!

Cheers,
    Garry

2. phunt

phunt
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Congrats on the new purchase M8.The B P thing was resolved and posted a while ago.Hope you enjoy your new set.Please vote in the blurr pole and maybe get some pics up in the show us yours post ;)

3. maidstoneman30s

maidstoneman30s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well done, hope the set will give you and your family hours and hours of enjoyment.
    Please feel free to ad any information regarding this set and any other source and the difference it has made.

maidstoneman30s

4. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tosh is NOT 100Hz (50HZ Pal 60Hz NTSC)

"B" = British, "P" = Pan European

Just meant if you have a "P" you can pick your TV up, drive it to say France, plug it in & receive French TV channels - NOTHING ELSE & nothing to do with Hz

Hope that helps

5. n00b

n00b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    can you apply stuff like 100Hz and 50Hz to a dlp? i thought you do not get flicker in the crt sense. for example in lcd's you cannot really apply a Hz rating.