• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Just bought this!... is it safe?

bladedripper

Distinguished Member
Nice screen,id have to go for the 50"x10 for £30 more.;)

mjcairney

Distinguished Member

hodg100

Distinguished Member

Empwan

Prominent Member
I've bought from Pixmania, andnever had a problem, don't forget about quidco, you get about 4% cashback on tv's.

Also get the X10 over the G10, reviews say it displays a better SD picture.

Have you asked JohnLewis to see if they will pricematch? the 5 year warranty is worth it's weight in gold. Have a search on here for help with JL pricematching.

scumball

Distinguished Member
Pixmania HQ are based in France and that has caused problems for people in the past when needing to return goods, especially of this size. I have bought a few portable goods from them in the past and they have been excellent however...

Spikester84

Established Member
I bought a Samsung upscaling DVD player from them a few years back and it was faulty! They didn't help at all even though it was only a month old! I went to trading standards and they informed me that they could contact them, but Pixmania were based in France so do not fall under our law, long story short.... Pixmania didn't help at all and were all round a very bad company to buy from. I would never purchase anything from them again, regardless of how cheap there prices are.

Steve

E9 Smooth

Established Member
I bought a Samsung upscaling DVD player from them a few years back and it was faulty! They didn't help at all even though it was only a month old! I went to trading standards and they informed me that they could contact them, but Pixmania were based in France so do not fall under our law, long story short.... Pixmania didn't help at all and were all round a very bad company to buy from. I would never purchase anything from them again, regardless of how cheap there prices are.

Steve

They fall under EU law, I think you got bumped. :mad:

@ OP Pixmania aint going anywhere soon, so you will get your goods no need to worry.
http://www.dsgiplc.com/layout.aspx?...0b&CatID=62c449d9-ebbc-4be1-b386-24eecfc4448a

But there in Paris :confused:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member

Quite obvious really if you examine the details! ;)

I would rather have a 50" X10 than a 42" G10 too! :D

He wasnt being sarcastic. If it was the same money, Id take the bigger screen of those two models depending on viewing distance. :)

To the OP - yep Pixmania are fine, I got my very nice Norstone stand and a DSi from there with no problem (very fast delivery). Dont forget the Quidco! - you can get a fair bit of money back if you use Quidco and someone they support (like pixmania).

Also - have a look at digital direct (also use quidco). Might cost a bit more but you get a 3 year guarantee. :)

tele1962

Distinguished Member

He wasnt being sarcastic. If it was the same money, Id take the bigger screen of those two models depending on viewing distance. :)

To the OP - yep Pixmania are fine, I got my very nice Norstone stand and a DSi from there with no problem (very fast delivery). Dont forget the Quidco! - you can get a fair bit of money back if you use Quidco and someone they support (like pixmania).

Also - have a look at digital direct (also use quidco). Might cost a bit more but you get a 3 year guarantee. :)

I thought the G10 had a better spec Jim.:)

And as my wife keeps reminding me size is not everything.Don't know why she laughs when she says that.....!

Last edited:

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
I thought the G10 had a better spec Jim.:)

And as my wife keeps reminding me size is not everything.Don't know why she laughs when she says that.....!

Of course the G10 has a better spec than the X10 - thats why we got G10's ! :D

But seriously....id rather have a 50" X10 than a 42" G10 (if we assume they are the same price) as long as my viewing distance was a bit further than it actually is.

So if someone is limited to say £700 and thats the limit Id say go for the bigger screen....as long as it wasnt LG! :rotfl:(sorry, couldnt resist - must stop doing that! ;))

bladedripper

Distinguished Member

Yep thats what i ment,thanks Jim.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom