Just bought the Garmin Nuvi 670....

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by ensyed, Apr 18, 2007.

1. ensyed

ensyed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Tried it out for the first time today. It seems to work well. The only issue is that the suction cup that came with it is defective. www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk (retailer) said they will replace it for me within a day. I have to mail back the one I have first.
    I had to drive with it on the seat next to me and follow voice directions and glance at it at stop lights (in London) I havent tried using Bluetooth yet. Will post back after using it some more.

1) What kind of custom POIs are useful to have besides speed cameras? When I looked at the preloaded ones, it didnt bring up Woburn Safari which surprised me as it is so close to London.

2) Is the suction cup the best kind of attachment system? Has anyone tried the friction one or another one?

Thanks

2. SGH42

SGH42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I like the look of this one, is the traffic update any good ?

Cheers
    Steve

3. ensyed

ensyed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have not used the traffic module. I got the suction cup replaced so now everything is working fine. Seems to find wherever i want to go. since I am new to London and England I use it to go everywhere.
    I had some difficulty understanding the standard British voice so i switched to the American voice. However, now some street names are mispronounced.

Screen is good in sunlight.
    Downloaded some attraction POIs and they synced up all right.
    I am using the traffic camera feature and it beeps quite often for it. there seem to be a lot of traffic cameras around London.

4. SGH42

SGH42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Anyone else got one of these yet, very tempted, but wouldn't mind seeing one first ion a shop somewhere.

Steve