Just bought the AE EVO3b set, connecting to Amp...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by pez, Sep 2, 2004.

1. pez

pez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Howdy, im still pretty amazed that i found the speakers in a local shop going for the same price as the best price i found on the net, i bought them and brought them home.

now im waiting for another local retailer to get his hands on a Yamaha ax750 amp for me, but in the meantime i was wondering whether i could run the floor standers from my old technics stereo integrated amplifier SU-Z100 amp (this thing is so old it runs on steam).

the current (20 year old) speakers that are connected up to that amp are SB-3410s that are described on the back as;

Input: 100W, Music:50W DIN
    Impedance 8ohm

so my question is, can i just go ahead and connect the wires to these new speakers to give them a listen?

what are the numbers that i need to keep an eye on when plugging amps into speakers?

does power handling on a speaker mean the max wattage amp that you can connect to it (evo3s are 150w fronts), so you couldnt link up a 100w speaker to a 150w amp?

where does impedance come into all of this (evo3s are 8ohms just like my technics speakers).

not completely lost, i know which country im in!

cheers for any help in advance.

pez

2. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You should be fine :)