Just bought Subox mini started kit

Wingsurfer

Prominent Member
Reaction score
The guys in my local shop pursuaded me to buy this. I had previously been using a Aerotank 2 with a Diamond Mist spinner battery, either 18 or 24mg liquid.

I was told that by considering a sub-ohm tank, not only would I get a much better flavour/fullfilling vape but I would also be able to get the nicotine content right down to the likes of 4-6mg. I was a little sceptical about this but was in the shopping mood after a pint so thought sod it & went for it.

Damn, the difference this thing makes is unbelievable! I think for the first time ever I'm vaping a liquid that does taste like how it's meant to, I got blackjack vg by Limited in there at the moment - mmmmm. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that previous liquids I used tasted bad, it's just that hardly ever did the taste match the label.

I've found that because the mouthpiece is over double the size of the one on the aerotank I've automatically adjusted my inhale method from taking into the mouth & then into lung, now tending to directly inhale to lung. I'm finding this a much better method that produces much more vapour.

One small criticism is that I can't use it when it's plugged in to charge - the battery indicator flashes & it just does not fire when I've attempted to do so. This means that I'm going to have to buy spare batteries & a separate charger. Where do you guys get your spares from?

In the box contained kit to manually wind an atomiser. Is there any benefit to making your own?

The battery LCD has 4 indicators - battery level, voltage, coil resistance & wattage. The resitance is displaying 0.6 (coil is labelled 0.5 so difference might be due to rounding) but the voltage displays 0.0, which is clearly not right. Can anyone say why this might be?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
You can still vape while its charging i do that all the time.
The voltage is only displayed when you hit the fire button.

You can still vape while its charging i do that all the time.
The voltage is only displayed when you hit the fire button.

Nothing at all happens with mine when it's plugged in via usb?
Anyway, doesn't matter now. I bought two spare batteries and a mains charger earlier.

Nothing at all happens with mine when it's plugged in via usb?
Anyway, doesn't matter now. I bought two spare batteries and a mains charger earlier.

Where are you getting power from? If I charge it from my MacBook I can vape while its charging, but if I charge it via a usb plug I cannot vape while its charging

Where are you getting power from? If I charge it from my MacBook I can vape while its charging, but if I charge it via a usb plug I cannot vape while its charging

Ah that could make sense. It was plugged in via a USB mains adaptor & 3m cable. I didn't try it plugged into anything else

Ah that could make sense. It was plugged in via a USB mains adaptor & 3m cable. I didn't try it plugged into anything else

What mains plug are you using?

Ah OK, I only ask because they say to avoid using a charger above 1A....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom