Just bought my second car is this a good deal?????

Renault Clio 1.4 16v 98 Dynamique, 5 Door Hatchback, Manual

53 Reg, 30953 mileage, FSH, Black, Alloys, Mint condition,

2 year Evans Halshaw used car service & mot Package worth £249

24 Month Evans Halshaw Guarantee (£429)

6months road Tax

Managed to get the lot for £4800

They also give me £500 for a damaged Seat Ibiza 1999 1.4

so its costing me £4300

I am not experienced with car dealing and would like to no peoples thoughts if they have a few minutes spare thanks alot
Sean

IanW1977

Sold our 2001 Clio 1.4 16v for £2800 with FSH and 40k - Just had the cambelt changed too - this was private though and had 6 months Tax and MOT on it.
Car had Alloys, CD Multichanger, Air Con etc.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Have you signed the deal?
If yes, be happy and forget about the car market
IF no keep looking seems perhpas a bit steep (you are buying from a main dealer tho)

EH have a policy of matching the cheapest price on autotrader in 30-40 miles or something daft so have a search on autotrader.

Razor

Distinguished Member

Razor

Distinguished Member
Parkers isnt accurate as it doesnt take into account the trim levels and features in each specific car. Glass's is what the traders actually use so its a good bargaining tool.

Ian J

Banned
Glass's is what the traders actually use.

Not any more I don't think as my recent experiences show that Glass's figures are miles out.

Nowadays it seems that dealers are logging onto Autotrader and looking to see what comparable cars are being sold for and basing their prices on that

dan54

Parkers isnt accurate as it doesnt take into account the trim levels and features in each specific car. Glass's is what the traders actually use so its a good bargaining tool.

4165 is quoted for same trim level as op's and from a franchised dealer.

Razor

Distinguished Member
Not any more I don't think as my recent experiences show that Glass's figures are miles out.

Nowadays it seems that dealers are logging onto Autotrader and looking to see what comparable cars are being sold for and basing their prices on that

Cheers for that info Ian. :)

Glass's was fairly spot on for me but this was about 3-4 months ago. Parkers didnt have the fine tuning for the optional upgrades and their prices seems out of wack with what was going on autotrader. Parkers prices were more in line with cars with no optional extras ie the most basic model and they never asked for any trim levels or upgrades. :)

Apologies to dan. :smashin:

I wouldn't hav bought the extras IMO ,i think they're a total con ,the wife and i were offered £3,000 for a 05 30,000 miles Suzuki Vatara :suicide::rotfl:,i mean these sales people are their managers puppets .No longer can they make decisions themselves ,they have to run along to the "managers" Discuss it wi him ,in the mean time,we're sitting waiting like a pair of plums.We'd had enough by this time and we walked out ,they need us but we certainly don't need them :hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom