Just bought me a Hitachi 42pd7200

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by talizman, Mar 23, 2006.

1. talizman

talizman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all.

Took the plunge today and bought a Hitachi 7200 after reading loads of excellent advice and reviews on here about it :smashin:

I initially went to JL to get them to pricematch Richer Sounds advertised price on the 7500 (£1600) but when the sales guy called RS, they said that they had only 1 unit left and it was reserved, even though the screen was scratched and the remote and manual were missing :suicide: RS also have no plans to get any new stock of the 7500 as they say the 7200 sells loads more units.... Pity, cos JL were showing over 100 units in stock but I'm not paying their list price of £2100!

Anyway, went back to RS and got them to pricematch the best price I could find for the 7200 and got them to throw in a wall bracket that they charge £150 for normally. Downside is that they don't include warranty like JL does, but it still worked out cheaper.

I could have got the 7200 on the web for £1400 ish, but then would need to buy warranty etc.... If only RS would pricematch websales and not just high street shops :devil:

So, Wednesday is the big day.... can't wait! I'll be running it via my Sony DAVS 550, do you reckon that'll be okay.

Also, perhaps a silly question, but what is the optimum viewing height as I've seen folk with them ranging from almost on the floor, to actually touching the ceiling?

Cheers :)

2. camorra

camorra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Well Done Mate :)

You will definitely be in heaven with your new toy :thumbsup:

Welcome to the Picture Master Club :smashin:

Cheerz :hiya:

3. OllyH