Just bought an oscilloscope off ebay

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
Nice philips one seeems in good nick:)

Now I just need to figure out what I'll do with it :confused:

Neil Davidson

AVForums Sponsor
Nice one - been considering adding a 'scope to my kit for a while now. Biggest problem has been deciding what to go for and what to budget. No point dropping £1500 on a decent DSO that will be of no use in a couple of years as everything goes digital. At the same time can't bring myelf to spend £5k+ on a nice Tek with all the interfaces required to make it future proof and easy to use!

Be interested in hearing what uses you do come up with!

Neil

Mylo

Novice Member
You could monitor output waveforms for clipping or use it for tracing low level voltages in circuits.

I have 3 scopes and the best is 10 years old, so don't worry about it being outdated.

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
Mylo said:
You could monitor output waveforms for clipping or use it for tracing low level voltages in circuits.

I have 3 scopes and the best is 10 years old, so don't worry about it being outdated.

I vaguely remember how to set one up from my a-level physics days.

I did look into the PC based ones but they seemed to cater more for audio type signals, there are some USB oscilloscopes but they were more expensive and arguably not as good as buying a used one off ebay.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom