1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just bought a Toshiba 36ZP38

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by hartside2, Oct 18, 2003.

1. hartside2

hartside2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought a Tosh 36ZP38 package from Robertsons Online on Thursday. They have written back to say it's not in stock and could be 2-3weeks for delivery.

Anyone any experience of delivery promises? Do Robertsons normally deliver earlier or later than promised?

(I can't wait! :clap: )

2. cloudchaser

cloudchaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Actual delivery is made by Toshiba. I had ordered my 32" Toshiba from Robertson's too. But then I took the order number from them and called Toshiba directly who delivered in a week.

Got these 2 numbers (01132014800 or 1159766958) but one of them deals only with DVDs and VCRs but they should be able to guide you to the Home delivery dept who will handle your order.

Cheers
    cloudchaser

3. Richard Morris

Richard Morris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't want to alarm you, but I ordered the 36ZP38 approx 13th Sept from John Lewis's together with the DVD & VCR combo and it still hasn't arrived - now expected in a week or so.

4. hartside2

hartside2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope its not that long!

If it turns out to be more than the two or three weeks promised, I'll get a refund and try elsewhere:thumbsdow

5. Retrospek

Retrospek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Richard - Why do you need to wait so long ??

I ordered the 36ZP38B from John Lewis last Sunday and it was delivered (along with the free DVD) on Thursday.

My total wait time was 4 days ??

I love this TV by the way - its great...

Mark

6. bondy

bondy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Tosh is a fab tv - definitely worth the wait.

7. Richard Morris

Richard Morris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad you like it. Apparently it the VCR that still hasn't arrived. Did you get one of these with your package ?

If you did, I would love to be able to quote your order number to them by way of an example - I did throw my toys out of the pram a week or so back and they are at least writing to me now to tell me it's not yet in - but I really don't understand why it's taking so long.

I would get my money back but I only paid £1450 including the 5 yr guarantee for the TV, DVD & VCR including delivery (didn't fancy using an internet only service).

8. Martin Wagner

Martin Wagner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richard - how did you manage to get John Lewis to price match? I thought they don't match Internet prices...

Thanks!

Martin

9. Richard Morris

Richard Morris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Martin - it wasn't a price match, that was the actual price in their Cheadle Hulme, Manchester store around 12th Sept (a Toshiba offer apparently), and it was still at that price at least 3-4 weeks later.

I think that the offer was due to finish around the end of October.

This is why I am hanging on - the 5 yr guarantee is worth about £180 in real terms - plus you know they are still going to be around then.

10. Retrospek

Retrospek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Richard,

No I didn't receive the VCR either as it isn't in stock. But they have delivered the TV and DVD and they will let me know when the VCR is back in stock.

I don't really want the video anyway so didn't mind just receiving the DVD and TV.

By the way the price you paid JL is unbelievable. I paid £1699.00 for mine (which doesn't include the VCR) so you have got a much better deal...

Hope it all arrives soon..

Mark

11. Richard Morris

Richard Morris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Let's hope so; I'm starting to wonder whether it was all just a dream...

12. hartside2

hartside2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still no delivery date from Toshiba on my Package. Got the delivery number from Robertsons (an 0800 number) but the person at Toshiba told me they had not set a date for delivery in my area yet and they would be in touch when they had.

Robertsons have been a bit naughty and taken payment immediately the date the package was ordered. Two e-mails to them about this and still no reply from them. If the telly does not come shortly, I'll get Barclaycard involved!

13. cloudchaser

cloudchaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I would call Toshiba every day till they give you a date. You might get lucky with persistence.

Robertsons took money off my card too immediately and their service was average. They did not contact me 2-3 days after my order online. Calling them would be better - dont recollect any major holding times on the phone.

14. hartside2

hartside2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I think I will call them every day next week to try to gee them along a bit.

As far as Robertsons, all they have done is taken the money. It's seems to be down to me to do the chasing!

15. Richard Morris

Richard Morris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hartside2 - John Lewis's have taken nothing from me yet; didn't even ask for a deposit.

However I did have a similar experience when buying a Bosch fridge freezer online from Plugged In. They took the full amount as soon as the order was made. It took around 4-5 weeks to arrive after that. So this type of behaviour is not unusual for internet retailers.

16. hartside2

hartside2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I phoned Toshiba today and they told me delivery will be tomorrow!

I just spent the last hour and a half taking apart my current set up/home cinema sound so I hope they are as good as their word and deliver as promised. I can hardly wait to get it set up!:D

17. Martin Wagner

Martin Wagner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, did you get it?

18. Richard Morris

Richard Morris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  19. hartside2

hartside2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I've not replied before now, but I was setting up Home Cinema etc. I got it first thing in the morning as promised and the Toshiba guys were great. Unfortunately the stand had been packed with the wrong components, but Toshiba got one out to me the very next day. Had to build the stand and then it took two of us to lift the beast onto the stand - phew!

I have got a slight problem though which can be seen in my other post!