1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just bought a Swann EZ card what next?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by surefire, Dec 12, 2002.

1. surefire

surefire
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Gentlemen,

This is my first post to these forums as I am hoping to enter the heady world of analogue video editing.

I have just purchased a Swann EZ capture card with the aim of transferring my analogue video collection to VCD or the like. At first I would like to try using Windows movie maker before progressing on to a more powerful and flexible package.

Before all that however, I have to fit the card into my computer and pipe in the video and audio. The EZ card has 3 connectors: video-in 1, video-in 2 and S-video in. My rather old Canon UC 200 camera only has 2 outputs: video and audio (not S-video). My question is how do I get the audio into the PC? Will I need to pipe it into the aux-in socket on my sound card? There doesn’t seem to be an audio-in option on the EZ card. If I do connect to the sound card, will I have problems mixing the audio and video together in Window movie maker? Or will the program take care of the two sources? As you have probably guessed, I am very new to video editing so please forgive my basic questions :blush:

Many thanks

2. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No offence, but have you tried connecting the camera to the PC 1st? (composite video into the capture card & the sound into the line input, NOT the microphone input of the soundcard. load the video capture software (not sure if windows movie maker will work with your capture card but try anyway) If you hear the video sound played back through your pc speakers then it should work, theoretically.

3. surefire

surefire
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Grimley

I have to admit that I havn't installed the card yet, I'm planning to do it over the weekend when I have more time. I'll try your suggestions and let you know how I get on.

Thanks