Quantcast

just bought a PX500 off of Amazon.

Bill Hicks

Banned
I've just bought a Turtle Beach PX500 off of Amazon for £170. Wireless connectivity for my 360, PS3 & smartphone. Can't wait.
Anyone use one of these?
If so what's the best way to.connect it to my 360?
At the mo I have my Xbox connected to my Denon av amp via hdmi that is connected to my Panasonic plasma via hdmi. The PS3/smartphone connection will be straightforward by using Bluetooth.
Will I have to to run a optical cable from my 360 to the PX500's base station for best results?

Last edited:

DR Kronenbourg

I have the PX5's, pretty much the same apart from the handset Bluetooth dongle included, I tried the handset dongle to be completely wireless but my brother said I had lost a lot of quality over using the wire so I'm back to the wire, I have the hub connected to my Xbox direct but im sure you can connect it to your amp as well which will allow you to use your headset to listen to tv, music etc running through your amp.

Bill Hicks

Banned
DR Kronenbourg said:
I have the PX5's, pretty much the same apart from the handset Bluetooth dongle included, I tried the handset dongle to be completely wireless but my brother said I had lost a lot of quality over using the wire so I'm back to the wire, I have the hub connected to my Xbox direct but im sure you can connect it to your amp as well which will allow you to use your headset to listen to tv, music etc running through your amp.
Does it use some kind of pass through? Ie I can connect it up to my Denon av amps hdmi output and then run another hdmi from the 500's base station thru to my tv?
In essence like this....amp to px500 to Tv?
Thanks.

DR Kronenbourg

Does the 500 base have HDMI? Or are you meaning optical? You would run optical out from your amp to optical in on your 500 hub, HDMI from Xbox to amp, not sure how you set your amp up but this would allow you to listen to all sound inputs to your amp through your headset! Does that make sense, I've never set mine up this way but I know it's possible.

Bill Hicks

Banned
DR Kronenbourg said:
Does the 500 base have HDMI? Or are you meaning optical? You would run optical out from your amp to optical in on your 500 hub, HDMI from Xbox to amp, not sure how you set your amp up but this would allow you to listen to all sound inputs to your amp through your headset! Does that make sense, I've never set mine up this way but I know it's possible.
Yes it has optical not hdmi inputs on the 500's base station.
This configuration would prob work as long as I don't have to have the amp on when I'm using the cans. In fact Im sure my amp doesn't have to be on when using a optical run through like this?
I'll take a peek behind my amp later and check out the amps manual later.
Many thanks.

DR Kronenbourg

If you don't want to use the amp, just simply run HDMI from Xbox to tv and optical from Xbox to hub! Just means you only use your cans for Xbox, you could run a HDMI switch to your amp to allow you to game with your surround when you want too.