• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Just bought a pre-owned 360

dave_turk

Established Member
Hi guys

Just had delivery of a preowned xbox 360 elite from the game website. Seems I've had an old box, as its manufactured in Oct 2007. Looks like a falcon chipset (even though the label on the back says 16.5v).

My question is, how reliable are the falcons in compairson to the newer jaspers? I'd expected to get a jasper (didn't think there'd by many falcon's left).

Had it for a decent price (110 inc black ops), but don't want to get landed with a pup.

Thanks

Dave

Discombobulate

Distinguished Member
If it's pre-Jasper I'd sell it on or take it back.

As far as I'm aware the Jasper was the first unit that substantially reduced the percentage of failure due to RROD.

Sent from my mobile device using the AVForums app

dave_turk

Established Member
took it to the store and bought a brand new one with black ops for 200.

Thanks for the advice, confirmed what I already felt.

MOOGLEYS

Established Member
I had 4 elites from the game site that were all faulty, the last made 3 days before RROD. In games defence they sent me a brand new 250GB console for no extra charge. But there pre-owned consoles leave a lot to be desired.

PlayStation

Established Member
My cousins got a preowned Xbox from GAME, arcade I think, it got RROD after 1 week with extremely light usage.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom