Just bought a Philips 32pw9641d/10.

Gravesy166

Standard Member
First time poster .
After hours of magazine/shop research i took the plunge on the philips.I wanted a HD set that was also good at SD viewing.I only have a small living room and while going up a screen size would have been nice my head said stick with 32".I previously owned a Pixel Plus 2 100HZ Philips crt which was stunning and so i was worried about a downgrade in picture quality for SD viewing.
Spent days deciding on 1080i or 1080p and having seen many demo's (Thanks Sevenoaks Sound & Vision) i decided i'd save a few £'s as i struggled to see a notable improvement in PQ.
Bought the Philips LCD in Comet for £799,i know it's a bit cheaper online but being bank holiday weekend i couldn't wait.Setup was a cinch and with it's shiny black surround the set looks stunning.Wired up Sky+ (Non HD),DVD,PS3 & using a Teac surround amp for sound.
Spent an hour messing with all the digital settings and colour/contrast etc.Found that it looks best with most of the digital settings left low or off.PQ on the whole is excellent,PS3 looks stunning and watched Into The Blue on Blue Ray also looked great especially with a dark room and the ambilight feature turned on.SD viewing was a lottery but then i knew this before making the purchase.At times it's stunning (Masters golf on BBC 1 looked so good you could have thought it was HD) and at times it,s average at best but then that's the fault of the source material i believe.
Standard DVD using the Philips dvp 5960 was interesting.I found that DVD's looked their best when using component connection and NOT HDMI with upscaling.
Overall i'm pleased with the Philips,any other owners out their with any thoughts/tips etc?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom