Just bought a Panasonic HDC-SD5 - Impressions

TommySplendour

Standard Member
Me and my other half had been looking to get the Panasonic HDC-SD5 as a joint Christmas Present for ourselves, but chose to wait until after Christmas to see if we could get a bargain. We wanted this camera in particular as we liked the idea of putting the SD card directly into the PS3 to watch the video in HD via the HDMI out.

To cut a long story short, we found the cheapest online shop was Dixons, at £519.99. On Christmas day Dixons were offering a 10% discount on all orders placed between 3pm and 6pm. Egg also offer 3% cashback, so we thought what the hell and ordered it, it was £467 delivered :thumbsup:

First thing, it came with a 4gb SD card, something I wasn't expecting as everywhere I had read said this model didn't come with one (Despite reading on the Panasonic website a month or so ago that it did) Anyway, bonus :)

The camera is tiny, feels very well built and is just a very nice "thing" to hold.

My girlfriend took delivery of it whilst I was at work, and she emailed me from home saying how easy it was to use, and that she'd managed to plug it in, shoot footage of the cat, and play it back via the PS3. All good stuff.

I thought I would just create a short, sweet and very basic thread praising a good peice of kit. The primary reason is that I had asked in a few other threads about playback via PS3 without any concrete feedback. This was one of the most important features for me, and so I thought I would at least report back and say "It works!"

Thanks for reading, I hope this is in someway helpful to someone.

nbkicker33

Novice Member
cheers nice to hear, ive took the plunge today and ordered myself a sd5 to,i paid a little bit more than you, but saved on local shops which where offering one from £550 to £699, very glad to hear you can use footage on a ps3.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom