Just Bought a Panasonic DRME 95

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ftuddy, Jan 9, 2005.

1. ftuddy

ftuddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have connected the Panny using the following methadology:-

Sky+ (TV out SCART RGB) to E95 AV2
    E95 AV1 to my TV.

This is the suggested set up in the manaual and various posts. It works great for what you are watching, the only issue I have is with timeshifted material.

When I want to record a time shifted show from the sky+ to the Panny I have to effectively watch it, and I can't use the the sky box for anything else.

If I could could get RGB from the sky VCR scart then I'd be able to take advantage of the "copy" function from the sky personal planner (without compromising recording quality) and still use the sky box to view another channel while the copy is done.

I've come across a "composite to RGB" converter from Lektropacks, It looks like this could be used to interface the SKY+ VCR SCART and the E95, therefore allowing the use of the "copy" command.

Has anybody tried this?

I would appreiate your thoughts around this, even if you have not?

thanks

Faisal

2. JethroUK

JethroUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried incl another scart SKY+ > TV

It may only be compo connection but you should be able to watch sky whilst panasonic is busy

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    That's not going to give you a signal equal in quality to the TV out. It will give you an RGB signal with composite quality, i.e. still quite poor. A potentially better option is to get a Scart splitter so you can feed the Sky RGB Output into the DVD recorder and direct to the TV.