Just bought a Humax HDCI-2000

steevs

Just got a Humax HDCI-2000 and I really should have researched first, I bought it to watch Motd stupidly thinking that BBC HD is the same listings as BBC1 and now realise this isn't the case.

I'll be connecting it to a mini sky dish and am basically looking for some advice, is it true that the only channel I will be able to receive is BBC HD?

Also do I have anything to look forward to in the future, I mean any new channels or BBC HD broadcasting more for instance. Basically can anyone justify my purchase:D

Thanks

Steve

Andyuk911

Novice Member
I have a Humax as of yesterday.

For a sky dish, yes you will only see BBC HD NOT $ky HD

WIth a motorised dish .. you can see lots.

PM me

balatabelt

Standard Member
I had a Humax delivered Monday and connected to a sky dish with quad LNB. BBC HD looks really good. To pick up other HD channels is it best to have a motorised dish or one of these torroidals with multi LNB? Prefer film channels, particularly for the teenagers.

I've got loads of questions for someone that knows a lot about this. I'm a newbie doing a lot of research on this at the moment but finding it hard to get good information.

For instance,
1.what would the best type of cam be for a Humax;
a. to pick up freesat channels (Ch4 etc)
b. to pick up other HD channels .
c. What do I need - cam, loader, card?, programmer. Is that right?
d. does a sky card work in the humax
2. With multi LNB's how do you connect several cables into one point
3. If a motorised dish, how do you control moving dish and is positioning automatic once it's set up?
etc
etc
etc

I'm an engineer and will delve into the depths of this to find out everything I can about it so that I can make some informed choices about what I need to do. Anyone got time on their hands?

Thanks.

rudy

Standard Member
When purchasing the box, i asked if i could use quad lnbs with my sky dish. he says no.:eek: i have to get a visiosat(?) for 100 quid plus 3 or 4 lnbs. 4 is the max it will take. Any suggestions?

remlap

Novice Member
rudy said:
When purchasing the box, i asked if i could use quad lnbs with my sky dish. he says no.:eek: i have to get a visiosat(?) for 100 quid plus 3 or 4 lnbs. 4 is the max it will take. Any suggestions?
Of course you can use your quad LNB.

rudy

Standard Member
Sorry Remlap, I'm being an idiot.

what I meant say is; can i fit 3 or4 LNBs on my existing sky dish(quad LNBs are for 4 outputs :suicide: )

balatabelt

Standard Member
Rudy, from what I gather so far, the visiosat is mentioned in the official humax thread and can be used with multiple LNB's arranged to pick up more than one satellite. This was my preferred intention but some members reckon motorised dish might be cheaper option?

Have been messing about with the humax and see menu options for motorised dish control and for setting up several satellite channels.

To get good reception I don't think the sky dish is ideal, and a bigger dish is recommended. The further north in the uk the bigger dish required? Hopefully the people in the know will correct this if I'm talking kak.

Keep me posted as to how you get on, I'll do likewise but funds are a bit tight at the moment so could take a while to get there.

I could do with someone throwing some light on the cam/smartcard thingy for the humax:smashin: