Just bought a BenQ PB7220 . Comments?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by shanebuss, Aug 3, 2004.

1. shanebuss

shanebuss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This was recommended to me when I told the sales rep what i was looking for. Primary use will be 4:3 TV and Computer. I do watch some dvds, but the majority of mine are 4:3 anyway.

I was a bit suprised about the recommendation since this projector seems to be designed mainly for business projections, not home theatres. Has anyone used this ? The specs look great, and i have 10 days to return if necessary.

Thanks
    Shane

2. ErwinC

ErwinC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, bought the same project a couple weeks ago.
    I'm having some problems with it.

We turned of the project once (by switch) without cooling it.
    I realised it within 5 minutes or so and turned it back on and off to let it cool.
    About two or tree weeks later I started to have troubles turning it back on.
    The light whent briefly on and back of, after which the red lamp led was blinking. Turning off and on solved the issiue but several days later it would not turn on. Today it turned on again but 5 minutes later the UHP lamp exploded.

So I'm discussing with benq technicals tomorow, but I have the impression that the will blaim the one time turning off as the reason, which I find hard to believe.

Reading your post, why the its meanly proposed for business I think the design is not suited for long time projection. I bought it mainly for business but when its new I'm using it to watch some tv/dvd. So it was on for several hours a day. probably sometimes for 6 or 8 hours at once.

And I believe that is probably why the lamp exploded after something like 80 or 100 hours.

But that my prelimenary opinion.

For the rest I'm very pleased with the projector.

Erwin