Just beofre I order my LE46F86BD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Nemesis666, Sep 11, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Nemesis666

Nemesis666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    two vital questions that I am still not clear on and want to be as near to 100% before I order so your feedback/comments are really important here.

I am replacing a Pioneer PDP-433HDE that supports 720p and 1080i but no HDMI, the question is SKY HD is therefore connected via component but I can only support 576 no HD due the media receiver box, will I really notice a stark improvement over the pioneer and as I watch alot of football HD and SD will it be worse going to this LCD? I apprecaite the 100MHZ thing doesnt really work but it seems to have moved on alot since I first looked at LCD????

:lease:

The viewing distance by the way will be between 9 and 10 ft is that to close to the screen for a 46" screen, seems okay on the 43" pioneer?

I cant wait to connect my PS3 and Xbox Elite via HDMI for full HD goodness at 1080P and lose all the audio cables etc :thumbsup:

Darren

2. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +553
    Darren,

Although I cannot answer your question (sorry) why start a new thread on this when there is already a substantial thread on the F86 here;

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590827

This thread is populated by the first owners of the F86 on these forums and, therefore, the ones most likely to be able to answer your questions.

3. Nemesis666

Nemesis666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Hi Keanos

Yes I have followed the thread up to its 50 page size now! However I thought as this was a specific question perhaps it should be a new thread?

How do I move it or should I just delete it and repost in the main thread?

Cheers

4. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +553
    No worries ..... just repost it, that'll be fine.

The trouble is when people post separate single question threads it can give the perception (and I'm not saying this is the case with you) that they feel their question is more important than the rest which, if a true reflection of their feelings, would be a little arrogant.

They are also doing themselves a disservice though as these long threads are a wealth of information for a prospective buyer and with the "search this thread" feature they are far more easy to navigate than people realise.

Many also contain an FAQ in the first post so you can see all the questions that have been commonly asked and answered before.

I personally think the "owners" threads such as the F86 thread are an invaluable resource for anyone considering the purchase of that respective TV.

EDIT - I see you've now reposted on the main thread and although I cannot personally help, good luck with finding the answer.

EDIT2 - I answered the question on viewing distance (based on my experience anyway)

5. Nemesis666

Nemesis666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Can someone delete this thread please? I have moved it to the right place :0)

Thanks

Darren