just been to powerhouse.

they were both on freeview bbc1 too good aeriel source the 37 is a lot better
You sound very authoritative on this subject. Any signal that gives a picture on freeview is good BTW, it's digital TV. The only thing we can deduce from this is you have some interest in powerhouse?

no interest in powerhouse or any other retail outlet, i had an lg 42in plasma which was a bag of pooh, ok it was early firmware so i got rid. i have hunted around every retailer in my town and trawled the net and the only plasma set up i have seen with a good source aerial etc was powerhouse which are selling this tv 37 in at £1999.00 if i was so into powerhouse why have i just ordered this tv for £1335.00 off the net because i was so impressed.
like i said i went into see the pe50 42 in. but the 37 in absolutely wow'd me. i bought the tv for my missus and the kids have my own lg lcd in the back room which i watch the footy on with the lads. knobbs.

Sorry I was gonna forgive the asian thing ( pale Scotsman by the way) but LCD and football... :thumbsdow
37" has same pixel count but as screen is smaller so will the pixels be therefore it may well appear better at smaller distances say 10ft or less. I have been told the difference is negligible but then again it depends on your eyesight and how picky you are. Oh and 37" is cheaper!! which always helps the brain decide :rotfl:

£1335 seems rather cheap where did you order from and did that include VAT and delivery and a tabletop stand.

what hooking asian thing , i actually complemented the bloke-very polite very well manared-well dressed, he knew his stuff -so stop all the racist shite and get on with talking about the panel, nothing to do with money, im very picky on pic qual;ity-go to powerhouse and view yourself -the 37 is the dogs.
or r u too busy watching ur plasma-which aint a panny.

Dont have a screen yet( will probably be Panny) and agree than in my area which is Stirling that Powerhouse are the best of the large retailers regards PQ.
I actually thought your description of the chap in store was done so that anyone else going into that store could seek him out as lets face it most saleman in these joints are hopeless. Sorry if it seemed i was jumping on the race bandwagon I was actually implying that Football on a LCD was more important (given the smearing most seem to produce)

I also would like to read some more useful thoughts on 37" v 42" and regards cost there is little in it in real terms.

So come on spill the beans which site did you order from?

Even leaving the setup on what it is when comes out of the box, a sony display should leave it standing IMHO, or maybe i'm one of the very lucky ones. Get it setup as it should be and well beggers believe, although to be fair mine hasn't got 100 hours on it yet, but all who come round can't believe the pic on it.....just hope it stays like that :smashin: and yes i know you pay twice as much for the deraded S, but in my book worth every penny, cheers.

I actually preferred dynamic, especially on dvd's, on freeview and digital it gave way more artifacts and banding/pixelation problems. Not everybody here has a 3 by 3 room without any windows ;)

3 x 3 room without windows!!

must be good prisons in amsterdam if they allow you to have a plasma in your cell :D mind you the dutch have a reputation for a liberal penal system :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom