1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just been playing...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Sheks, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Sheks

Sheks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Perfect Dark, Goldeneye and Mario Golf on the N64.

Had a bit of a gaming session with a mate (as the wife went out with the baby). Started off playing co-op Halo on Xbox, then decided to see if the old N64 would work and spent the rest of the afternoon playing the above.

I forgot that Perfect Dark had a co-op mission mode - superb, death-match in Goldeneye - fantastic, and a couple of rounds of golf - very competitive.

I was also surprised at how good they all looked, obviously not a patch on the xbox/ps2/gc - but didn't feel too dated. Perfect dark still felt quite original - just goes to show how ahead of it's time it was.

Just goes to show that you cannot knock great game design and gameplay.

Just got to figure out how to integrate the N64 permanently into the rest of my set-up now.

May try the Dreamcast tomorrow - fancy a go on virtua tennis and daytona.

Colin

2. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Yeah, in terms of originality and gameplay most of the old classics **** on the current generation.

I have at ton of retro stuff and would never get rid of them - even though most have been emulated.