1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just become a 32pf9986 member :)

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by colinw, Mar 12, 2005.

1. colinw

colinw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Well i finally went for it after having the fortune to play with one of these tv's for a weekend thanks to a friend of mine. So i went out and got one today, i was a bit nervous of course with some people having various problems.

My tv is firmware version 2.0 and i do have a small sort of buzz from the left hand side, and a slightly different pitch sound from the right hand side when the ambilight is on, but i can't really hear it once i move away from the set. I realise there are switch mode power supplies in the back so it's not really uncommon for some noise to be present.

As soon as i unpacked this tv and switched it on and adjusted the settings according to jimsan, the picture on it was just superb, i have watched lots of sky channels and they all look brill, i don't notice any lipsinc problems either, and watching a dvd is quite stunning using rgb.

I am now awaiting delivery of a Panasonic S97 from the panasonic web site which was only £159.00, thanks to the guy who posted this info by the way :)

I think i need to order a hdmi to dvi cable for this dvd player as it does not have a dvi socket on the back, maybe someone can comfirm this ?

Not bothered about the sound side of things as all my equipment outputs to a dolby digital / dts sony amp, so i will never be using the tv speakers.

Finally i just need to get a nice glass table for it, i maybe getting one from index online, they do a nice one for only £99.00, unless anyone has some better recommendations for a table.

So at the moment i'm really happy with this set.......

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi Colin,

...and the picture will get better over the next few days as it 'settles'. Good luck wth the Panny S97....I have heard one or two reports of it causing some picture noise with Digital outputs. Hope yours is OK.

Bang on with the Kenmark from Index. I have one and it is stonking quality for such a cheap stand. Alphason and Optimum could learn a thing or two about quality and pricing from Kenmark...

Jimmy

3. colinw

colinw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi Jimsan, thanks for the quick reply, ok on the stand i will get that ordered then today.

Is there a link where i could get this hdmi to dvi cable ? i think there is somewhere on these forums but i can't find it at the moment.

Also regarding the problems with the Pany S97 there is a new firmware out for this player which sorts out a lot of the problems, my son has already downloaded it ready for the player. So fingers crossed on that one.

Cheers Colin....

4. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9