Just as I'd saved enough for a Panasonic TH-37PX80B

bloodnok

Standard Member
I've been after buying a Panasonic TH-37PX80B for some time, and only wanted to get it when all the funds were available.
So when I'd finally raised £550 for the Richer Sounds deal which included the 5 years warranty, they haven't any more in stock and aren't expecting any more !...........Comets price has gone up by £50 to £550 and a 3 year warranty is £160 extra.
Is there anywhere I can get it with a 5 year warranty for the money I've got ?........I'd rather buy and pick up from a store than order on the net !..........Other than that, can any of you give me any advice on an alternative model.
I've been reading all your comments over the last few months and had my heart set on the TH-37PX80B
:lease:

djaustin

Standard Member
I've been after buying a Panasonic TH-37PX80B for some time, and only wanted to get it when all the funds were available.
So when I'd finally raised £550 for the Richer Sounds deal which included the 5 years warranty, they haven't any more in stock and aren't expecting any more !...........Comets price has gone up by £50 to £550 and a 3 year warranty is £160 extra.
Is there anywhere I can get it with a 5 year warranty for the money I've got ?........I'd rather buy and pick up from a store than order on the net !..........Other than that, can any of you give me any advice on an alternative model.
I've been reading all your comments over the last few months and had my heart set on the TH-37PX80B
Buy one without the 5-year warranty. 37 inch plasmas will be an endangered species soon. It was £500 in Comet last week, and I think a 2-year warranty based on sale of goods act should suffice.

I bought one of the last PX42's and when adjusted properly, the picture is stunning.

When they are gone, they're gone....

owlzen

Try House of Fraser stores - not their website! They may have some left and were doing a deal with 5 year Panasonic warranty for £550

thegoonermark

Standard Member
Buy one without the 5-year warranty. 37 inch plasmas will be an endangered species soon. It was £500 in Comet last week, and I think a 2-year warranty based on sale of goods act should suffice.

I bought one of the last PX42's and when adjusted properly, the picture is stunning.

When they are gone, they're gone....

I've also got a 42px80b and am now past my 200 hour running in period. Could you tell me what settings you use for your tv as not sure what to use now?

matr69

Novice Member
I've also got a 42px80b and am now past my 200 hour running in period. Could you tell me what settings you use for your tv as not sure what to use now?
If you like what you have then keep them the same!

I have contrast 1 click below centre

Brightness 2 clicks below centre

Colour bang in the middle

Sharpness one click below middle

I leave overscan on

All noise reduction etc truned off, power save modes all turned off.

I use normal/normal modes but many use eco/warm during the day and cinema/warm during the evening cinema.

Whatever you prefer!

Last edited:

The Snake

Banned
How about the PX8B (as opposed to the 80B) for £419.99

Panasonic TH-37PX8BA 37" Widescreen Plasma TV - HD: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

and adding a warranty option for 5 years for £102.99.

teethgrinder

Standard Member
I got the 42" from House of Fraser as above for £550 inc 5 year warranty. This was in store rather than online. Not sure if thay had the 37" though. I had my heart set on the 42".

The HoF in store store is Tec7. Google them, ring the hearest and see what they can do.

Robin

bloodnok

Standard Member
Thanks for replies.............I did actually go into House of Fraser today and order the Panasonic 37'' TH-37PX80BA and I'm picking it up on Wednesday. I'm glad I didn't get it from Richer Sounds now as it cost me £499.98 in total which includes the 5 year Panasonic Warranty which is £50 cheaper than RS.
So I've just arrived home and logged on to post this, but I see others have mentioned House of Fraser since I last looked at the forum, thanks for that.
I must say that I found them very helpful and hope that the excellent service I received today continues. ( I was given various demos of sets next to each other with SD and HD feeds etc which was helpful, all of which cost a lot more than the one I bought and I really thought that my choice was as good if not better than the others. I had no sales pressure whatsoever, I hope I've made a good choice.

Last edited:

Paul MC007

Thanks for replies.............I did actually go into House of Fraser today and order the Panasonic 37'' TH-37PX80BA and I'm picking it up on Wednesday. I'm glad I didn't get it from Richer Sounds now as it cost me £499.98 in total which includes the 5 year Panasonic Warranty which is £50 cheaper than RS.
So I've just arrived home and logged on to post this, but I see others have mentioned House of Fraser since I last looked at the forum, thanks for that.
I must say that I found them very helpful and hope that the excellent service I received today continues. ( I was given various demos of sets next to each other with SD and HD feeds etc which was helpful, all of which cost a lot more than the one I bought and I really thought that my choice was as good if not better than the others. I had no sales pressure whatsoever,I hope I've made a good choice.
You have...rest assured.

It's a fantastic tv - especially for freeview or SD stuff.

I have the 42" version and was really nervous about making the switch from a decent 32" Sony CRT to plasma, as I thought the freeview picture might not be that good (in comparision to the CRT).

I needn't have worried - it is superb. And I got the PX80 42" at that bargain price of £499 in Curry's three weeks ago, so was well pleased!

bloodnok

Standard Member
Thanks for putting my mind at rest.......................Hate parting with money !
From all I've read on here, I thinks it's a good choice at a good price.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom