Just a update ...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by chrali, Nov 27, 2010.

1. chrali

chrali
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I'm finally getting back into home cinema now that previous hardships in my life that cost me 2 sets of av kit are well in the past.

My 1st set was a Thompson 44' rear projection tv, with Yamaha amp, Kef Cresta 5.1 with a Yamaha sub.

My 2nd set was a Panasonic Quintrix 32' tv (biggest thing I could get down to the basement), Yamaha amp , 3 pairs of AE Evo 3's, AE centre front and rear and 2 AE active sub woofers. This kit rocked!!! The depth charge scene in U571 never felt so good !!!!!!

The AE stuff went a couple of years ago, and i really, really missed proper sounds on a movie.......

So last night I bought a Yamaha RXV 2600 2nd hand on ebay for £255 from a chap upgrading to 3d kit, and ordered an Acoustic Energy Neo V2 Speaker Pack for £849 from A1 Sound. It will still be on the old Panasonic tv for now, as I've always been really happy with the picture quality on this CRT and hey I had a TV, I didn't have the AV kit - lol.

Price was a factor and as I stayed true to the Yamaha and AE pairing I so enjoyed before.

This kit stays, no matter what !!!

Now my last kit was in a medium sized concrete basement with concrete walls and floors. My new AV room is smaller, has wood frame, plasterboard and wooden floors. How does that change the sound?

I will also be 1 pair of AV floor standers, an active sub and a rear channel down on my kit, and that's before the difference in rear affects from 1 pair of AV floor standers now down to bookcase speakers. So having had it before, will I be disappointed with the Neo v2's until I get the missing kit?

Its good to be back and I can't wait to get it all set up and enjoy watching DVDs again.

Christmas is soooo much better when you get what you want :laugh::D:D:D:D

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010