Quantcast

Just a quick thanks - bought an Epson TW10H

fatgit

Standard Member
I've been lurking on the forums for the last couple of weeks, originally looking at trying to finance a plasma TV, but struggling to find anything decent within my possible budget.
Then I saw an AE900 (though may have been 700) in a local stores demo room and was blown away. Unfortunately the price also blew me away :p
Anyway, I've spent the last 4 days on this part of the forums, searching like mad, reading hundreds of threads.
Unfortunately I have a condition that means I am extremely prone to motion sickness, and the DLP's I saw made me feel pretty ill :/ so I settled on LCD.

I found I had no need to post asking for help, as all the information I could ever need to read was eassily available in many excellent threads.

Deciding that I may aswell get a decent entry level PJ for now, with a view to replacing with an HD Ready later on, I settled on the Epson TW10H - admittedly, the lamp price was the final deciding factor.
I ordered this evening from Ebuyer - they aren't the cheapest, but I already have a finance account with them, so it was simple to grab it on 6months interest free, rather than sticking it on the plastic at 16% interest :), and it will arrive on Weds.

Onto a screen and mounting - some excellent threads on here regarding DIY screens, with some ingenious solutions for mounting, all of which cost a fraction of the "proper kit", and certainly suitable for a first-timer.

Hopefully, the unit will be wall mounted with 14ft distance, and mainly used for DVD/Sky in the evenings, and for the time being, I'm going to test the blackout blind solution for a screen, with a view to something more suitable later on.

Anyway, without the use of the info on these forums, I would have probably gone and spent £1k on a budget plasma, that would still need upgrading later for HD, and the wife is much happier about having a projector than a 42inch TV in the room, and she can arrange the furniture about more to her liking then, which saves me a lot of grief.
Plus I have the added advantage, that I can move the unit upstairs & watch a DVD in bed on a huge screen (room is identical to the living room :D ), something not possible with a Plasma TV :)

I certainly advise anyone thinking of jumping into buying a projector to spend a couple of days doing your homework in these forums, it will save you a lot of time, hassle and heartache later.

stripe

Novice Member
Nice one mate, enjoy it when it comes. Just remember to get some decent cables, they will make the world of difference.

Top Bottom