Just a quick Question

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by wilko2k5, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilko2k5

wilko2k5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some of you may of seen my post about play.com when I ordered GRAW, well it came yesterday and although some of you may think its a decent game, I just can't get into it, anyway my question is since i can't return it to Play, what are the chances of me taking it to say Game without a receipt and they will exchange it for Oblivion?? Has anyone tried this? What did you say when you took it into game??

Thanks

2. cwilso

cwilso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    well suppose you could take it into game but rekon they would only give you bargain bin price for it?? Don't think they would do it just cause is opened even with a receipt. You might have a chance if it was still repped which it obviously isn't your best bet it to put it on ebay

3. gillette 73

gillette 73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    could put it in the classified section on here, and ask for a straight swap for a game you do want. Its quick , easy and hassel free.

4. wilko2k5

wilko2k5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeh but no1 will swop Oblivion for GRAW, I just need to know is there any chance of Game takin it back, just say my mum threw away the receipt?

5. gillette 73

gillette 73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    depends if it is sealed or not , if sealed no prob, infact if sealed could return to play, but if not it depends if they sell them unsealed. If they do then yeah say it was bought as a birthday present but you had already bought this one for yourself.:thumbsup:

6. wilko2k5

wilko2k5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well games from Game come sealed, anyone know of any shops where there not sealed?

7. cwilso

cwilso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    No shop is allowed to sell unsealed games as they wouldnt be able to have a returns policy and especially due to copying

You have PGR3 for instance and it gets scratched to buggary you goto a shop which sells unsealed games put your scratched one in and take it back saying you didn't want it. Thats why microsoft puts the seals on everysingle game shipped so you know its new

8. Van Dam

Van Dam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +789
    Why don't you tell them I've got a game I've just bought from play.com and can I please abuse your returns policy, because I can't be bothered to sell it elsewhere?:thumbsdow

Why do other members encourage and support such deceitful activities?
    Why don't you PM each other your silly advice instead of displaying them in the forums for everyone to see. Can't you see you are putting this forum into disrepute?:suicide:

9. david 4 fingers

david 4 fingers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Asda sell unsealed games,take it there tell them it was a pressie off someone ,tell them you all ready have it ,can i please swap it for another game please,:smashin: job done..
    DAvid....

10. zishan03

zishan03
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I returned an open game without a reciept at GAME in Ealing just recently, they didnt seem to have a problem with exchanging it and they couldnt really fuss about it being open because the last few copies of a game always have the cover on the shelf and the disk and instructions behind the counter.

Zishan

p.s. I did actually buy the game from there and did actually lose the reciept!!!

11. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,898
    I was recently in WHSmith and all the games on the shelf where the real product, not display cases and they all had broken seals still on them which seemed abit strange.

12. gillette 73

gillette 73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77

Because that is what every one does , with an odd exception and he is not getting rid of a faulty game, just a brand new unwanted one.
    Gamestation sell there's unsealed.

This is why stores have policys in place and they are not losing out as they sell on again.

cant believe you,ve never told a harmless little white lie.

13. wilko2k5

wilko2k5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So would you recommend I ring up before going the town centre? And if I get there after ringing them up and they say no ill jump over the counter an butt he/she ....jus kiddin lol but I just can't get into Ghost Recon at all.

14. kingsize

kingsize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    This is pathetic.

'A little white lie'?

It's called THEFT - DISHONESTY

This is why stores have POLICIES in place....the typical argument of the dishonest - 'oh it's ok they have insurance...' 'oh it's ok they can afford it...' ' oh it's ok someone did it to me...' etc etc etc

Its thieving and you people should be banned for encouraging it.

Oh and Gillette 73, clearly they did not teach morality at your school, or spelling either....

Come on mods sort it out.

15. wilko2k5

wilko2k5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kingsize I find it rather funny that you say this is theft, I bet you've told a white lie or two here and there, this is the everday world were drugs and rapes exist and your crying to the mods about me wanting to return a game? At the end of the day the only winners are the game developers themselves its their stock they send out to companies to sell on.

16. gillette 73

gillette 73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    :lease: not trying to upset anyone here, just trying to help some-one out who asked for help, i have not actually done this myself, but many many threads have given people advice, with a majority saying return. If the shop is not willing to accept it because they are wise to it.. then no problems here. But having had the children bought presents at xmas from family, then they open them up and they don't work you are a little upset when the shop will not replace or refund, what do i tell my 3 year old my 2 year old and my nine year old.
    Cant be theft if the shop has given a like for like swap or value to like refund.

Once again not trying to rock a boat or upset anyone.
    Or put anyone down.

17. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,473
    Alright people calm down. We all have personal opinions on how these things should be handled, but I don't think there's any need to go throwing bans around. I'd suggest some people would be a little more discreet about their shopping habits, as this kind of thing cannot be condoned on a site like this. This kind of conversation keeps cropping up from time to time, but it's not for this site to decide whose personal morals are the more correct, merely to not allow blatantly illegal activities.

I feel this thread has seen it's time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.