1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just a little help with reclock

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dazzer123, Mar 28, 2005.

1. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well i think i have now got my system running stable with theatertek and ffdshow but now i am getting a little stutter on panning scenes and such and could use some help with reclock. The problem is that i am running a fx5200 card via dvi to a Panasonic AE500 and the 500 seems to lose the picture when i change my refresh rate to anything above or below 60hz ie: 48 for ntsc and 50 or 75 for pal so i can not get reclock to work until i overcome this problem can anyone help.

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You may want to ask over in the projector forum but it may be that the AE500 will only accept 60hz, I believe some LCD panels are like that, no idea if the 500 is one of them.

3. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well i found something strange out tonight i am running my fx5200 in clone mode vga to plasma and dvi to panasonic projector, when using the projector if i leave the driver display mode set to anologue digital as opposed to digital anologue i can set the refresh rate as i wish and the projector accepts the refresh rate.

I initally thought that this was my cure but this creates a new problem for me, which is theatertek will not display a picture on the projector unless i choose digtal anologue setting in the driver, just as theatertek will not display a picture on the plasma unless anologue digital is selcted in the driver display settings, the same also applies to power dvd is there a way around this problem to get theatertek to display a picture regardless of what display priority is selected it almost feel's like a driver constraint please help i am so close now to getting a decent playback.

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I'm not sure what you're referring to by digital analog' and 'analog digital'.

If I'm right, you're saying that using analog output you can get the refresh rate you want, that would lead me to think the 500 does indeed restrict digital inputs to 60hz and uses framerate conversion on other rates coming in via analog.

As for TT, what renderer are you using? I suspect it's Overlay, try VMR, OVerlay usually only works on the Primary display whereas VMR wotkd on both. Failnig that try playing with Ultramon, which is a utility designed to make life easier with dual-head systems.

5. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thx a lot for your input i will look in to ultramon yes i am in effect running a dual head system but what i mean by digital analogue and vice versa is the settings i have to select to get dvd's to playback on whichever screen i am using, in other words nview set's priority to analogue or digital but the strange thing is as i say if i set nview to analogue digital priority thus favouring the vga output opposed to the dvi i still get windows and everything on my digital projector via dvi, everything that is but dvd playback which is a shame as in this mode the projector will take pretty much any refresh rate i chuck at it and reclock will work but i see no picture hope you know what i mean now.

6. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I *think* I see :), but I've never use nView. However, my guess is that nView is simply changing the selection of the Primary and Secondary displays, and given how you sometimes get the video shown and sometimes not I definitely think you're using the Overlay renderer. Using VMR or Ultramon should certainly sort things out for you.

7. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    yes i am using overlay i have had a quick go with vmr7 but it looked very juddery maybe i should uninstall nview, although there is a feature it has that i really like nvkeystone helps sort out the overscan on my pj can i get this without having nview installed and can you even get nvidia drivers without nview built in?

8. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    VMR can cause problems and needs some tweaking, try VMR9 in case it's better (I'm not sure what the FX series can support my NVidia expierence is limited to a 6800GT) .. check what Ultramon can do.