Just a few people…..

iandrews

…..well about 24,000 to be precise. Taken at the Southampton vs West Brom game on Saturday. Taken with my Canon S3 on stitch assist mode, 4 photos stitched together.

Had difficulty with the contrast as the 2 closest corners were quite dark, and the far end was in bright sunlight. I think the S3 keeps the same exposure (and other settings) for each photo, so I focused on an area in between and then half held the shutter down while I moved the camera to take the first photo.

Used Autostitch to stitch them together. Then used Picasa2 to crop the edges, brighten the shadows a bit, warm the temperature, and then sharpen. Then saved the image with the long side being 800 wide.

All 4 photos taken at ISO 80, 1/400 shutter, F4 aperture, Focal Length 6mm.

Ian.

Attachments

Moviebuff

Thought that looked like St Mary's .. :thumbsup:

wabbitt

Novice Member
Oooohhh... Lot's of good photo's appeard over the weekend, and this one is a cracker.

Never used stitch assisted photo's much, but after seeing this, I think I might be trying one pretty soon.

iandrews

Thanks for the nice comments.

PeteB – It was hand held. The S3 stitch mode shows the last photo so you can line up the next, it does however want quite a big overlap (meaning more photos would have to be taken), so I just used this to line up the next photo, and then just moved the camera round a bit more so that there wasn’t so much of an overlap.

Electrolyte – Yes, shame the action is down the other end of the pitch, but if it had been closer you would have seen “duplicate” players as they moved. In fact you can see this with the near goalkeeper just outside the D.

As I said, I used Autostitch http://www.photo-freeware.net/autostitch.php to stitch the photos together. I did try the stitch software that came with the Canon software, but it didn’t do to good a job (the pitch looked wobbly).

Ian.

scharf_10

Novice Member
Yeah good photo, autostitch always works well for me, its also good how you can get the full size version (which you will have) and move around it in more detail. Well done.

iandrews

The full size version is 9541 x 2042 and 14.5MB in size !!!!! I have created a smaller 5000 x 1070 2.5MB version that I can put onto a web site if people want a closer look, but don't know if that would be allowed within the rules.

Mods?

If not I can put it up next month if people want.

Ian.