Just a couple of popcorn hour a-110 questions before purchase

mgzr1400

Standard Member
Hi all,

I have a few questions before i purchase a popcorn hour a-110.

I have a pch a100 at the moment rigged up to the pj and amp for dts audio but i wanna buy one for downststairs too.

Just wondered if dts audio decodes onboard and would work via hdmi to my new samsung 557 lcd tv or would it still need an amp to decode dts?

The other question is, can you run the a-100 and a-110 on the same network and share or stream from both sources without conflict?

cheers for any help guys

Last edited:

Rob

Hi all,

I have a few questions before i purchase a popcorn hour a-110.

I have a pch a100 at the moment riged up to the pj and amp for dts audio but i wanna buy one for downststairs too.

Just wondered if dts audio decodes onboard and would work via hdmi to my new samsung 557 lcd tv or would it still need an amp to decode dts?

The other question is, can you run the a-100 and a-110 on the same network and share or stream from both sources without conflict?

cheers for any help guys
I have an A100 & A110 on the same network and can stream to both at the same time from my NAS without any problems. I don't have any internal HDDs, so I don't know if you can stream from both sources.

The A110 has DTS downsampling to stereo if you dont have an amp so should be fine with your TV. I don't do this myself so can't confirm. I'm sure somebody will though ;)

mgzr1400

Standard Member
cheers mate for the reply. If you don't mind me asking, where did you order your a110 from because I'm having trouble finding them in stock?

keylion

You should give advancedmp3players a try. I ordered mine from there last week and it came next day. Their website still says they have stock. One of the best prices around as well.

Kieron

Distinguished Member
The A110 has DTS downsampling to stereo if you dont have an amp so should be fine with your TV. I don't do this myself so can't confirm. I'm sure somebody will though ;)
I do exactly that. Works perfectly. You may need to upgrade to the latest firmware to downsample though but once the firmware is installed it works. :thumbsup:

Rob

Yes, Advance MP3 for me. As has been said, in stock and delivery the next day (at the moment!) If you check out the "cheapest place to buy" thread you can save a bit by using a redemption code through breezily.co.uk . Works out at £185.02 deliverd. :smashin:

sea surfer

Distinguished Member

mgzr1400

Standard Member
cheers for the help guys, much appreciated.

That advance mp3 site is a cracker but everytime I go on, I just get tempted to buy more gadgets, oh well.

Looks like the place to buy, just got to find a nice quiet 1tb hard drive to go in it now.

cheers again

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom