Quantcast

Jurrasic Park Superbits

Marv

JP

JP3

Incase anyone wanted to pick them up on superbit:smoke: , dont know what happend to Jp2 though:confused:

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
Full review will be done this week, I think the "sound" discussion will be controversial:)

cybersoga

Novice Member
US or UK release of Jurassic Park Superbit imminent? I'm not fussed on the sequals but I'd like to get the original if the transfer is better than the normal US DTS version.

M

maggi

Not likely since Columbia does not have the rights in UK or US

cybersoga

Novice Member
Thanks for the tipoff Marv, i've ordered it from CDJapan. It was about £32 delivered by normal airmail. I made sure they sent to me as a gift, as it is a gift to myself :)

hdrees

Standard Member
JUST GOT JP1 SUPERBIT FROM AMAZON.CO.JP, MUST ADMIT ITS THE FIRST VERSION IVE HAD BUT WOW, STILL BLEW ME AWAY

ebury

Novice Member
Just finished watching JP,and i think the sound makes even the r1 dts release seem tame!!The dts is so sharp and clear i actualy had to turn my sub down as the deep bass at time threatened to blow it up :eek: :eek:
The use of the rears is miles clearer than the r1 version,sounds that i have never heard were spining around my head as the power gets switched off and the dinosoars start rampaging:rotfl: :rotfl:
The picture quality is top notch as with (mostly)all superbits ive seen.
Is this actualy worth paying over £25 for?Yes if you love the film(?) and a must for demos in any home cinema set up!!
I actualy got stung for customs even though it was sent as a gift:mad: :mad:
So if you want this and dont want to risk paying customs/royal mail,Buy from
yes asia who pay all costs,so no need to worry about customs!!
Not realy bother about the two sequals,but with sound as good as this ......
......Maybe i might:devil:
Dts:reference quality
PQ:reference quality
:clap: :clap:

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Ebury,
Glad you liked it, it has a full bitrate dts track which makes all the difference in my opinion.
You were unlucky getting hit by customs, it is a bit of a lottery whether they get you or not, I have been hit a few times when importing stuff, but this is normally more than one disc. I cannot fault our review sponsors www.cdjapan.co.jp as I have found the service first class, and would encourage people to try them out, and at the same time help the forums review area which I think is off benefit to all.

kwangomango

Originally posted by ebury
Buy from
yes asia who pay all costs,so no need to worry about customs!!
From the yesasia site:
------
You are responsible for paying any taxes, duties, or customs fee charged by your local government. Please check with your local post office for more information.

YesAsia.com is required by law to declare an accurate monetary value on all international shipments. We are unable to honor any requests to suppress the value or contents of an order on the custom sticker.
-----

What gives?

Andy_83

Novice Member
Originally posted by kwangomango
From the yesasia site:
------
You are responsible for paying any taxes, duties, or customs fee charged by your local government. Please check with your local post office for more information.

YesAsia.com is required by law to declare an accurate monetary value on all international shipments. We are unable to honor any requests to suppress the value or contents of an order on the custom sticker.
-----

What gives?
Dunno, but yesasia reship from within this country so you wont get any customs charges or anything. I just made my first buy from them - about 70 quids worth of gaming stuff and postage was free and the parcel had been sent from somewhere in england. Definately be using them again.

kwangomango

Originally posted by Andy_83
Dunno, but yesasia reship from within this country so you wont get any customs charges or anything. I just made my first buy from them - about 70 quids worth of gaming stuff and postage was free and the parcel had been sent from somewhere in england. Definately be using them again.
Nice one.

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Ono,
Just been browsing the DVD Forums this morning, and lo and behold I saw your original post there which is identical to that posted by Marv. Naughty.;)

Ono

Originally posted by THX 1138
Ono,
Just been browsing the DVD Forums this morning, and lo and behold I saw your original post there which is identical to that posted by Marv. Naughty.;)
Well, I'm not fussed really.;)

Anyway, just to alay any fears about Yesasia:

BEST online company I've ever dealt with. Not only for DVDs (I order tons of boxsets from them) but also for games and consoles.

The friendly CS and absolutely no chance of ever getting a Customs hit are the icing on the cake.

Damn! Even the website (with good order tracking and cancelling) is a joy to use.

10/10