Jurrasic Park & Lost World R2

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Jules, Oct 11, 2000.

1. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,046
    I bought the box set of Jurassic Park and the Lost World R2, and thought you may like to hear what I think of it.
    Well the picture on JP is O.K. though a touch bland and soft in parts. The sound on JP is very disappointing, the LFE channel appears pretty redundant and the overall
    impression is a bit flat and unexciting compared to other films. What a pitty!
    The Lost World has a poor qaulity picture at the start of the film but it gets better later on. The sound is a bit better than JP but not much (there is a better use of the LFE channel). But then again, the Lost World is a poor film overall compared to JP and I would honestly recommend that you save your money and keep the VHS copy.
    I am begining to ask myself why I bought it
    actually.

Anybody agree/disagree?

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Don't bother with the Region 2 version! Get the Region 1 discs, and get a DTS soundtrack, as well as a choice of buying JP and TLW:JP 2 on either: widescreen only DTS discs, pan-&-scan only DTS discs; as a boxed set with both movies, and a luxury boxed set with stuff like scripts, film cels, etc for about £75-£80!

R2 discs get such shoddy treatment, why bother with them?! Also you'll find the R1 discs cheaper, as long as you don't mind waiting to receive them through the post! For a DTS disc, it's definitely worth the wait!!!

Pooch

3. mysteriousjimmy

mysteriousjimmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just picked up my boxed set here in Australia (no dts version either) the R4 version is also zoned R2.

Checked a few other of my dvd's and alot are zoned both R2 & R4

Would like to buy R1 discs but with the Aussie $ compared to the US$ I think not

4. Matt

Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    That all depends, there have been reports that the dts on JP is not as good as the DD mix. Theories go that JP/LW were the first to use dts and it didnt get a new mix done, whereas the DD is a all new mix.

If you had ordered this via HMV or Tescos you could have got the JP/LW boxset for 20 quid delivered, somewhat of a bargain price.