Jurassic World (HMV Exclusive) (2D/3D Blu-ray Steelbook)

I'll have a check and report back. They never used to take payment immediately !

Some are saying their bank card has been charged, it must be a teething problem from new site as it's not supposed to happen.

When will I be charged for my order?

If you are paying by credit or debit card, we won’t charge you until your order has been picked at our warehouse, at which point our acceptance of your order takes place.

If you are paying by PayPal you will be charged at the point of placing the order.

You won't be charged now, only on dispatch (unless using PayPal), as it's just a temporary hold/charge to confirm your payment card is valid.

You won't be charged now, only on dispatch (unless using PayPal), as it's just a temporary hold/charge to confirm your payment card is valid.

Interesting how HMV debit straight away on PayPal, whereas zavvi don't...wonder why that might be...

....only just spotted the previous comments on paypal, thats a bit pap.... i usually pre-order based on how my finances will be sitting on release date not at this stage so its put my over my own "fun money" for this month now.... no score for the online return HMV :nono:

anyone else having problems accessing the site?

must be teething problems. will try in a bit or pop into store tomorrow. at least i can check for damage if i pre order in store.

must be teething problems. will try in a bit or pop into store tomorrow. at least i can check for damage if i pre order in store.

I agree. As great as it is for HMV to have their online store back again, I'm lucky enough to have an HMV close by so I will continue to order in-store and check the damage upon pick up. If it is damaged I can show them there and then!
With Zavvi being the way they are I can't be bothered doing the same with HMV should I receive a damaged one in the post.

Ordered. Welcome back HMV online.
It has charged me immediately though via debit card.

Ordered. Welcome back HMV online.
It has charged me immediately though via debit card.
Temporary hold, should clear soon and money not actually be taken until dispatch :)

I would check your balances again everyone.
ImageUploadedByAVForums1434040556.202509.jpg

I don't know about that. They normally only take a few pound if that's the case not the whole amount.
Going to have to wait and see what happens then i guess as for now it's only missing from your "Available Balance" i take it and not the actual balance?

I don't know about that. They normally only take a few pound if that's the case not the whole amount.

I don't think they would take a few pound via the website for a pre-order. It would either be all or nothing, I'm sure, due to the electronic online processes. In-store is different, but there should be an option, both online and in-store, for you to put down a set minimum or maximum amount for a pre-order to guarantee you one.

I don't think they would take a few pound via the website for a pre-order. It would either be all or nothing, I'm sure, due to the electronic online processes. In-store is different, but there should be an option, both online and in-store, for you to put down a set minimum or maximum amount for a pre-order to guarantee you one.

Yeah but I meant as a place holder charge just to test the account as@RedDevil was suggesting it would on,y be a few pound.

Going to have to wait and see what happens then i guess as for now it's only missing from your "Available Balance" i take it and not the actual balance?
Yeah it is only missing from the available balance and not yet claimed.

Either way I am not happy, can't afford it right now and even if I request a refund it's going to be about a week before I see my money again, that's just unacceptable.

Has this happened with everyone?

Strange - money is back in my account now.

Last edited:
Yeah it is only missing from the available balance and not yet claimed.

Either way I am not happy, can't afford it right now and even if I request a refund it's going to be about a week before I see my money again, that's just unacceptable.

Has this happened with everyone?

I don't think it will be claimed, their own terms say they don't charge until dispatch, an HMV rep said it was a temporary hold/check on new cards added/for first orders... going to have to wait a day or two to see what happens for sure.

I'm guessing the guy who replied to you on twitter may have the wrong end of the stick.

I don't think it will be claimed, their own terms say they don't charge until dispatch, an HMV rep said it was a temporary hold/check on new cards added/for first orders... going to have to wait a day or two to see what happens for sure.

I'm guessing the guy who replied to you on twitter may have the wrong end of the stick.

It has gone back in already, which I must admit is a relief. Never known such a large placeholder and for it to go so quickly.

Every time I try to add it to my basket, it just says out of stock and doesn't let me add it:(

No S#@t Sherlock, its a pre-order!:facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom