Jurassic World: Aftermath (Oculus)

Garioch

Prominent Member
Reaction score
After The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners, this is the other game I've been looking forward to.

118899088_776897129728908_2788349460561647569_n.jpg

The cel shading graphics looks cool I think. From the description and trailer, it appears that you are supposed to creep / crawl/ hide from escaped velociraptors.

I REALLY love the art direction in this game and gameplay wise it's looking like Alien Isolation VR Mod with dinosaurs.

Think we'll all need clean underwear handy before playing this one lol 💩😂💩

Supposedly released tomorrow 17/12/2020

That indeed looks pretty good. Be aware that is PC footage, but with it being cell shaded I would hope it would like almost as good on the Quest.

1st I have heard of this. Looks good!

looks promising, nice to see more new "big name" titles appearing, could do with some more developer announcements soon though!

Looks good. Anyone know if its coming to the PC platforms?

Lukewarm review here.

Issue is you're only getting half a game supposedly, with only 3hrs gameplay and a paid DLC coming 2021 (this wasn't clear from their marketing).

Well that’s a bit poop then, it looks well done.

I'm happy with it so far. Have just started it. 3 hours isn't too bad considering the price, and I'll probably get the DLC too. I paid under 15 quid for it with my discount code so it's working out as a fiver an hour.

Shame it isn't longer though. ☹

I find that quite common with VR games, but generally they are a fair bit cheaper than new console games at least

I find that quite common with VR games, but generally they are a fair bit cheaper than new console games at least

It's all too common, I know they tend to be a lot cheaper than console games, but if they're really short, I'll most likely not bother, unless they're stupidly cheap.

Yup fair comment on the RRP of VR games compared with console / PC games. I've adjusted my expectations on this. I still think it looks great but will wait until a sale / discount code before I buy. I'm still ploughing through Saints and Sinners - which is worth every penny IMO.

It's all too common, I know they tend to be a lot cheaper than console games, but if they're really short, I'll most likely not bother, unless they're stupidly cheap.

Im in the same boat really. Id rather it cost more and last longer. Especially if ive invested my time looking at reviews, learning the game etc.

I bought Vader Immortal when I first got my Q2, I know it was only £8, but I was pretty surprised when it ended abruptly after about 40 minutes.

Didn't realise it was in parts at the time. It's a good game, I enjoyed it, but had I known it was so short, I most likely wouldn't have bothered.

I dont like the look of this.
Ok its probably a great game, but not sure of the cartoon style of it all really.

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of that graphic style either.

I bought this, but I have requested a refund.

What I disliked most about it was the inability to interact with most of the surroundings, which means its very obvious what to do all the time from what you can interact with. I had assumed this would get better further into the game but if its only 3 hours long I doubt it.

Its also the first game in a long time to give me motion sickness. Granted I was playing with all the comfort features off, but I have the same settings for games like Half Life Alyx and never have a problem with those. I am wondering if the graphic style and general lack of textures on surfaces somehow makes it worse

Cell shading is a way to reduce the load on the hardware. Borderlands was once meant to be a realistic looking game. Its ok for flash type games IMO.

Slight discount for today only.
SmartSelect_20210827-082705_Oculus.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom