Jurassic Park Trilogy Steelbook - £9.97

Anyone know if this will have the DTS release of the first film?? If so then it could well be worth buying again...

kinda unlikely isn't it? Did R2 land even get a DTS release?

Your right it didn't. Just thought it might be possible this time around, wishful thinking maybe but hey, you never know...

"Sound format: Dolby Digital Stereo"

I guess that's wrong, 5.1 surely?

Yeah, never listen to what Tesco (and to be honest most sites) write about the sound formats. Only real way to know for sure is to ask an owner on these forums or checkout comparison sites like 'dvdcompare.net'.

Just got an email from Tesco - my order has been delayed because the release date has been pushed back to the 30th Oct.

Hope this doesn't turn up to be another Tesco stich up - I've only made one order before with them - the Wii Zapper last Christmas. Tesco had the best pre-order price but they announced the release had been delayed and then eventually cancelled my order. Funny that it was released okay to every other retailer.

I notice that the Tesco website still has the release date as the 20th.

Also other retailers (WH Smith, Play etc have them in stock).

Looks very much like Tesco may be pulling the same stunt on me again.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:
I had the same e-mail, maybe they are having trouble with stock, on the item page it says dispatched in 14 days.

I received the Back to the Future one with no problems and that was at £9.97 and then went up in price too.

Hope so.

But it's suspiciously like what they have done to me before and with other products reported in these forums.

With Back to the Future they hiked the price up very quickly but Jurassic Park remained at £10 for quite a while.

I hope it's not a case of BTTF only having a few orders at the low price which they decided to honour whereas JP has too many.

Strange that they have stock problems - doesn't seem to be affecting anyone else. And if it were simply a matter that their stock hadn't arrived I doubt they would have slapped a 14 day delay.

Fingers crossed but I'm expecting a series of emails and then an automatic cancellation saying that unfortunately they can't get stock. Once the cancellations have happened the stock will suddenly appear - hope I'm wrong.

Cheers,

Nigel

Yeah I received my BTTF yesterday as well. As for the price being hiked quickly on it that's not the case as BTTF was that price for at least 2 months as I made two orders one in early August and one in early September at £9.97. I'm still waiting for the Man About The House boxset from May which I don't think I'm ever gonna get but hopefuly we'll receive this!

Yeah I saw that thread. I thought one had been posted ages ago but I must have seen it elsewhere. I wasn't having a go or anything just trying raise the hopes of getting it by saying it hadn't been at a low price for a short while and therefore that shouldn't be a reason for cancelling the Jurassic Park one. :)

Mine hasn't yet, but the website is implying it is in stock (now says despatched within 1 working day) so they had better do mine.

Cheers,

Nigel

Anyone know if this will have the DTS release of the first film?? If so then it could well be worth buying again...

Received this today. There's DTS on Jurassic Park III; the others are DD5.1 only.

My copy was damaged so will be going back (hope there's a FREEPOST address for Tesco Jersey returns somewhere as the invoice doesn't seem to have one).

Edit: If anyone else needs it the FREEPOST address for Tesco Jersey returns is: FREEPOST RRKZ-XCUX-UXCA, LK Freight, Unit A2, Lympne Industrial Estate, Lympne, Hythe, Kent, CT21 4LR.

Last edited:
Got mine today. When I ordered I thought the 'steelbook' was a bit of a gimmic - but arived today and it's really very nice.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom