1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jurassic Park Reg 1

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Eddy Kins, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Eddy Kins

Eddy Kins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone have the Region 1 DTS version of Jurassic Park?
    I get an audio error on chapter 6 (Some of the original dialoque from the film has gone missing)
    Don't know whether it's my copy or a mastering error. Anyone else noticed?

2. Mumfalan

Mumfalan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This from www.dvdcompare.net...

First pressings of the R1 DTS DVD version of Jurassic Park featured a defective 5.1 audio track. Universal has corrected sound and re-pressed the disc. The new pressing of this disc is now starting to appear in stores.
    Unfortunately, there is no way to identify the new disc from its packaging alone. THE ONLY SURE WAY TO IDENTIFY THE FIXED VERSION IS BY THE NUMBERS ON THE INSIDE RING OF THE ACTUAL DISC. The FIXED disc will read: PEMC-D2R2. The earlier defective pressings should read either PEMC-D2R0 or PEMC-D2R1.

I have a defective copy of this disc and there is no audio error, the problem I experience is that there is literally no bass in some of the scene's where there clearly should be. You may have a defective copy that has a slightly different problem.

3. Toothy

Toothy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the R1 DTS but haven't experienced any sound problems.

I also don't have any of those code numbers on the disc ring.

The only numbers are (BB207871R2SP01), J04C0629D & (BB207871R2SP0), J04C0612B on the underside of the disc....on the label side there is IFPI 2A66.

Probably a later pressing, I suppose.
    :confused: :) :thumbsup:

4. steve1056

steve1056

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    No problems with my version.

5. Erling

Erling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just checked mine, and according to the numbers on the disc, it is one of the defective ones (bought it off Ebay).

Anyone know if it is possible to get it replaced with the corrected version ?

Thanks in advance,
    Erling

6. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the defective disc according to those numbers BUTTT it sounds great to me and the bass seems to be there, i was going to replace with a Superbit version then the Superbit vanished from sale ( i will not buy those EBay versions which are clearly bootlegs ) anyone got a time they can give me to check the bass on my version ?