1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jurassic Park R1 dts

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Marv, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Marv

Marv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    Got this thre the post this morning, i knew that the first pressing of the disc had a dodgy dts track which lacked LFE.

I read that Universal re-pressed the disc and that the corrected versiosn have a "2" at the end of the disc number. So i checked the disc and i was disapointed to find mine had a "1", so i thought i must have one of the bad pressings.

I put the disc in my dvd player and checked the T-Rex attack scene and the bass seems fine to me, my dartboard was shaking on the wall and there's not many dvds that can make my dartboard shake on my wall. So was that stuff about the disc numbers, incorrect??

2. Marv

Marv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    Thanks for the help guys,

just check the home theatre forum and they said:

"The newer, current version can be identified by the code D2R2 and will contain a red technical grid on the back of the packaging as part of the running change."

My copys got the red grid ont the back so its gotta be the corrected verison, i i thought the LFE was fine anyway though i could'nt imagine it going much lower.

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think this means you've got the corrected version mate - I think it means you've got your LFE channel up to high... :D :devil:

4. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so us with the r1 uncorrected version basicaly have a a nice silver coaster?

5. Marv

Marv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    Basically yeah, best to be sure though, if you got a dvd drive just check one of the vob files and if its dated "November 2001" thenits teh corrected version, if not then yeah you got a coster since Universal Uk will only replace the R1 dts the the R2 non dts.

6. Marv

Marv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    Yeah your right i did turn it down when i was watching the film, it's been alright with every other film i've watched. But i do like my LFE OTT, even though it can ruin the sound of the rest of the movie.

7. dvdmike

dvdmike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    doh i have new coasters too