Junk mail- what to do?

• Thread starter Deleted member 36193
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 36193

I'm subscribed to the mailing preference service which stopped nearly all junk mail.
But the tactics have changed.

Now I get 3 or 4 bits of mail each day delivered by the post office addressed to the householder, the car driver etc.
Can this be stopped?
Or should I use different techniques to try to stop unwanted garbage like this?

Any suggestions?

we've had a spate of this recently as well - not sure how we stop it

Stu

not what you're after, but we have a recycle bag collected by the council that handles envelopes aswell as most types of paper, so this type of post goes straight into that bag.

Post just delivered another 4 so that's 11 in 3 days.:mad:

I know it's childish, but I've used all the return envelopes to send a different company's forms back. And I'll be putting rubbish in with them in future if the council starts weighing my rubbish and charging me by weight.

It made me feel better anyway.:D

A stop to getting it would be better, though.

Hi, Im a postman and we delivery leaflets with the mail.

A couple of my customers said they didnt want them anymore. They phoned the delivery office and requested not to recieve any leaflets or households as we call them.

So now theres less junk for them and a couple less items of junk for me to deliver too.

Hope this helps, Tim.

Post it back - swap contents first

Over the last year I have put the envelopes back into a post box with REFUSED RTSender wrtten accross them.
The sender has to pay for postage and the amount of junk rubbish has gone right down.

Do a search at companys house for the names/address of the company directors and then enter their details on as many mailing sites as possible or enter the address from the return envelope so they get junk mail.

If you stuck the junk mail return envelope to a house brick and posted it, would a extra postage chage be made to the compny who sent the junk mail?

It's not Mail as such, so it is covered by different legislation. Therefore you dont really have any rights to have it stopped. Sooner or later it will become an issue and they will force the post office to check addresses against the mail preference service, however for now it will remain a loophole and an inconveniance.

Duncan G said:
Do a search at companys house for the names/address of the company directors and then enter their details on as many mailing sites as possible or enter the address from the return envelope so they get junk mail.

If you stuck the junk mail return envelope to a house brick and posted it, would a extra postage chage be made to the compny who sent the junk mail?

Alot of them are Public Limited Companies so you're not going to have much joy on that one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom