junk mail as a result of installing sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by mk2phil, Apr 25, 2007.

1. mk2phil

mk2phil
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just ordered sky+ and had a quick nose through the small print. I noticed that they basically use your information for anything and everything (including giving it to external companies). I dont want any junk mail whatsoever from these muppets, but the only way to avoid this is by writing to them!!

Surely you have to opt in for this type of stuff? And what are you supposed to write in the letter you send to them - do you have to detail everything you want to be excluded from so as they cant say "well you didn't say you wanted removing from THAT particular mailing group" or will a general letter saying dont send me any crap work?

Has anyone done this before - actually asked not to be including on the crappy mailing lists.

2. Fusewire

Fusewire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Like you say esually there is an opt out so you don't get the junk mail. :confused:

I wouldn't worry too much, I didn't get any extra junk mail when I had my sky+ installed, they tend to bundle it inside the sky magazine that they send you, makes it easier th throw away. :D