Jungle Cruise (Disney+) Movie Review & Comments

Well I wasn't expecting as low as that. Disappointing, as it had pulled me in in recent days after seeing Blunt and Rock being interviewed. Might well give it a miss now till it hits Disney+ for free. Especially if the kids won't be that impressed either.

Cheers Tom.

Just watched in a Dolby Cinema, first time at cinema since Tenet. It's never as low as a 4 for me, somewhere between a 6 and 7. Kids loved it. I take it the reviewer has ridden the ride to understand the purpose of the corny jokes?

His name is Tom, he has 2 of the 5 posts in this thread.

I generally avoid anything where Dwayne is the lead.

Just watched in a Dolby Cinema, first time at cinema since Tenet. It's never as low as a 4 for me, somewhere between a 6 and 7. Kids loved it. I take it the reviewer has ridden the ride to understand the purpose of the corny jokes?
Nope. Never been to a Disney theme park (Would love to visit Galaxy's Edge) but I had a sneaking suspicion it was all linked in.

As I said in the review, though, I actually bought into the the corny jokes quite quickly.

Just watched as a family and quite enjoyed it. Good work from the whole cast even Jack Whitehall. Good old fashioned fun and worth the £19.99 as we made it into a cinema night at home with pick ‘n mix and drinks.
It looked absolutely stunning - one of the best things I’ve seen on my OLED.
A solid 7 from me.

His name is Tom, he has 2 of the 5 posts in this thread.

Nope. Never been to a Disney theme park (Would love to visit Galaxy's Edge) but I had a sneaking suspicion it was all linked in.

As I said in the review, though, I actually bought into the the corny jokes quite quickly.
It wasn't a criticism (nor was referring to you as the reviewer!), but it is the central theme of the ride so it's no surprise it comes across well.

I always feel with films like this a tighter cut, taking half hour or so off running time, would benefit massively so it can be the more light-hearted, easy going film it should be rather than dragging in parts and aspiring to be something it never will be, adding nothing to the narrative in the process. Was pleasantly surprised A Quiet Place 2 came in just over 90 mins when I watched last night.

I've gone from not caring less about it, to actually quite fancying it now. Not enough to drag me to the flicks though. I can happily wait 12 weeks for it to appear on Disney+ as a freebie, which is exactly what I'm doing with Black Widow.

I thought it was pretty good fun actually. Second half got a little to fantastical but overall entertaining. If you emjoyed The Mummy franchise or Pirates you’ll like this.
7/10

4/10 … wow…incredibly harsh … especially when you consider the amount of 10/10 marks recently awarded here (Nomadland for instance) Thoroughly enjoyed this …. 7 or 8 for me and the family. The 3 leads were great we thought … especially Emily.

Definitely at least a 7 for me. Not something that the Library of Congress are going to fast-track to the front of the queue for preservation in the National Film Registry, but I enjoyed the heck out of it (brief phone-checking lapse midway-through, aside). Looked great and liked the casting; even Jack Whitehall wasn't as insufferable as I worried he might be.

I suspect that most of the actors participating in this film were looking for the fabled money tree, and we all know that 'The Rock' Dwayne Johnson has more than one of those trees growing in his garden.
There should be no surprise about the high level of commercial diversity involved in the Disney empire, nearly every film and franchise production Disney makes also have an abundance of value add merchandising included to create those massive profits that make the Disney empire the predominant Worldwide entertainment company that it is.
This is probably a film to watch with the kids.

Last edited:
I have to admit that the 'ride movies' are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine.

I like the Pirates Of The Caribbean movies (for the most part), quite like The Haunted Mansion and I love Tomorrowland, so I'm still looking forward to this. Mind, I'm still a bit iffy about a cinema trip so it'll be when the UHD finally gets released.

I can usually manage to watch most things, however bad, but I could only manage 30 minutes of this relentlessly unfunny derivative drivel.

4/10 :eek::eek::eek: incredibly Harsh that one....

I think you are too harsh Tom.....could it have been better , probably but i thought it was entertaining so i am okay with spending the euro's on the VIP access.
Like someone else wrote here if you like The Mummy and such then you will like this as well and i liked those movies so there ya go :)

I will give this a 7.5

Ah yes, The African Queen with Humphrey the Rock Bogart.

images.jpeg

Saw this at the cinema yesterday with the two kids (11 & 13). We all enjoyed it. Some of the gags were a bit over used, and CG baddies are never a good thing IMO, but generally it was escapist fun. I do wish films like this would focus more on the adventure than the set pieces, but I guess that’s the style (same as Pirates etc).

And for metal fans out there it liberally uses Nothing Else Matters by Metallica in the soundtrack, so gets an extra point from me for that.

First cinema outing for 18 months was a pleasant experience. Our local Cineworld has had a refurb recently and the seats are now much better laid out with more space in between, which helps with current concerns around keeping your distance. Going to the cinema felt like a very normal thing to do.

Last edited:
I will give my verdict after tonight, and my kids are 36 and 38, so we shall see :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom