June 2017 Photo Competition - Launch & Discussion

I've got an old lens I could probably look into. I'll see what time I get this month to see which way I'll approach it. Besides, I always like to take an alternative approach to a theme if I can!

I had a go at putting an old 50mm lens reversed in the past, there are adaptors for most. The trick is to set the aperture and then take the lens off the camera (unless it is a manual lens) otherwise you end up with a wide open lens which will give you wafer thin depth of field IIRC. I think the trick with the canon lenses is to push the Depth of field button and take the lens of with that held down but do check online if this is correct. You also have little control over focus so you need to do the bob/weave (i.e. you move not the focus ring on the lens) method to get focus.

Last edited:
Well I made an attempt today to get an entry for the comp, stuck with what I know and tried to shoot insects. Not overly happy with the outcome, will review them tomorrow. Forgot how much they chuffin move about, especially bumblebees. Bloody nuisance :laugh:

Sounds booooooooring and derivative to me :rolleyes: :D

Ok, so I take it all back as I've been kind of getting back into macro this week so I have to say a big thanks to Newbie for getting me to do it again. I've got a few shots that I'm reasonably happy with (even though they're nothing original) that I could enter this month, but I'm going to wait and see if I can get 'the' shot ;) If not I'll go to one of my backups :smashin:

Oh dear, got a bit carried away this week and now don't know which pic to choose :facepalm: No doubt it'll be the wrong one :laugh:

Wish that was my only problem :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I go away first thing tomorrow and don't get back until the 2nd. I should have access to the internet whilst I'm away as O2 have stopped roaming charges in Europe but just in case can I give my potential vote to @Zone now? I know it's not great for those that might get a late entry in, but at least then I'll not be breaking the rules by not voting ;)

Fine by me - you never vote for my entries anyway :(

:devil:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom