jumpy recording

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by ilsonblue, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ilsonblue

ilsonblue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having bought a didgital camcorder last year for the first time, i noticed a problem on playback on a TV or laptop. The picture is jerky on these appliances, but on the camcorder itself, the picture is great. Does anyone have any ideas of any fault?? :facepalm:

2. Bob++

Bob++

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Hard to answer with so little information. Are you just connecting the cam to the TV, or are you doing it via a computer.

You will often notice faults on the big screen that aren't visible on the tiny camcorder screen.

3. ilsonblue

ilsonblue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response. The cam is conected to the TV directly, and the recording is fine, then speeds up for a few seconds, then is fine, then speedes up. On the cam, the quality is good. And i dont think there is a problem with the recording I have downloaded the vidios to a lap top, and the same problem

4. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    Hi

What frame rate is the camcorder recording? How about knowing the model number? How are you connecting to the TV? How are you playing on the computer?

With so little information, you will get little help.

Regards

Phil