1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jumpy image on Vidikron TGS-300

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Erling, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erling

Erling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have an intermittent problem with my Vidikron TGS-300 that seems to be getting worse. The image periodically 'jumps' up and down, more specifically the lower edge of the image, so that the image is sort of squeezed together from the bottom. It happens simultaneously on all 3 tubes, so it's the complete picture that's affected, on all sources (DVD and laserdisc), even on the internal test pattern. It has occured randomly in the recent past, sometimes being present for maybe 15-20 minutes while watching a film, sometimes not there at all. Tonight however, it seemed worse than ever, kept jumping the whole way through a movie, except when I tried to turn the pj off for about 20 seconds, when it was really bad. When I turned it on again right after, the problem was completely gone for about 15 minutes before it slowly started again. One more attempt like this later in the movie didn't help at all. Just to be certain, I have checked the sources on my TV, and there's no problem there. I am currently looking for an upgrade of this pj, preferably an 8" Barco, so if the Vidikron is about to kick the bucket, I'll probably survive it, but still would be most grateful if anyone has any suggestions about what is wrong.

Regards,
    Erling Groes-Petersen

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I recon one of your delflection boards is going faulty. Normally this sort of vertical sqeeze would eventually cause the projector to shut down. If it gets really bad it could draw a very bright line across the center of your tubes.

3. Erling

Erling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Roland, thanks for the reply.

This bright line you mention, is it one of those that might become a permanent feature on my tubes ? (so that I shouldn't use the projector at all)

I recon there's nothing I can do about it myself, except sending it in for repairs yet again (sigh...)

Regards,
    Erling Groes-Petersen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.