• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Jumping on the bandwagon - Infocus x9

Scooby247

Established Member
It's my first post away from the home-cinema-pcs forum so be gentle.

I'm thinking about jumping on the projector bandwagon & i'm looking for a little advice. My budget will be around £500 which narrows my search to the likes of the infocus x9 and the optoma 700x and hd65. Does any one have any suggestions for other models that i should be looking at & most importantly does anyone know where I can get a demo in the Edinburgh Area? I'm feared that I may see Rainbows!
It will be connected to my HTPC (hdmi), xbox360 (comp).
From the infocus website it looks like i'll get a 130" image from 16 feet away on a magnolia wall.

Any advice and hints/tips will be great.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Brokoslav

Standard Member
if your wall is magnolia pink then you should really consider painting it standard white otherwise color reproduction will be very poor

Scooby247

Established Member
if your wall is magnolia pink then you should really consider painting it standard white otherwise color reproduction will be very poor

I've honestly no idea if it's Magnolia Pink! It certainly does not have a pink tone to it, although I've sought permission (bribe) from the better half and if needs be we can paint the wall.

Scooby247

Established Member
Does anyone know where i can get a demo of a DLP Projector in Edinburgh?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom