1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jumper cables

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Mr Cat, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    I've just bought some terminated speaker cables - and I and thinking about buying some jumper cables…

What are your thoughts on them..?
    Who does, them apart from Russ Andrews, and which ones should I buy, if any.?

cheers

2. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    You could make your own out of cat5 network cable for a couple of quid. have a look for some of the many posts on here and elsewhere about this stuff, you won't be sorry.

Owain

3. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Hi, I decided to try and make my own Jumper...

well, I was going to try and get a hold of some spades and the only places I could find (on a saturday afternoon!) was a hardware store and Maplins...well, they only sold these real cheap and nasty affairs (69p for about 16 pieces...) which I was going to attach to some excess centre cable I have Gale XL315).

anyway, after getting home I was going to test the spades, but after finding them too small for the binding posts anyway I just fitted the cables (about 6' each) and the difference is great!
    the bass is great - nice and smooth...well worth the effort if you haven't tried them already...