• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Jumper cables, home brew or shop bought?

mj446

Established Member
I've just acquired some Townshend Isolda speaker cable and have so far tried it using the supplied links with the speakers, I called Townshend to ask advice and was told "use some copper cable cut to suit or, we can sell you jumpers made of the same cable terminated for £40. I have lots of high quality copper cable and some qed silver anniversary cable and some chord rumour4 and some cable talk 3 I could make 4 short jumpers from.Opinions please as to which direction to go before I send SWMBO mad trying all the variables, she insists I stop messing around and just play something! What.:eek:

Quaddy

Prominent Member
i have been through all expensive interconnects, tried stock links, exotic custom jumpers, and i have settled on simply stripping a long length off my existing cable and feeding it through both terminals, sounds the best to me, i guess as there is no break in wire and zero difference in the metals used its the best of all worlds!

of course this is assuming you aren't bi-wiring! :)

mj446

Established Member
I would use a length of the Townshend across both sets of posts but unfortunately when they make them the tails are cut very short and so there is no excess to trim, might give them a call and see if I can buy a short length, maybe 10" to make my own.
Thanks for your input.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom